Gamefile.dat during auto schedule

  • jeanden44
    Message 1 of 3 , May 31, 2003
      I've been wondering about this for some time now. I've re-read the
      instruction manual and can't find an answer to this question: When
      you play games on the automatic scheduler (option 9 on main menu), no
      gamefile.dat is created or prompted. Therefore individual game
      summaries can't be viewed with Box Pro. Is there any way of creating
      a gamefile.dat when I play with auto schedule? It would make playing
      games so much easier if I could just play off a schedule instead of
      entering each game as I play them. But I want a gamefile.dat for
      obvious reasons. Or am I out of luck?
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 1, 2003
        jeanden44 wrote:

        > I've been wondering about this for some time now. I've re-read the
        > instruction manual and can't find an answer to this question: When
        > you play games on the automatic scheduler (option 9 on main menu), no
        > gamefile.dat is created or prompted. Therefore individual game
        > summaries can't be viewed with Box Pro. Is there any way of creating
        > a gamefile.dat when I play with auto schedule? It would make playing
        > games so much easier if I could just play off a schedule instead of
        > entering each game as I play them. But I want a gamefile.dat for
        > obvious reasons. Or am I out of luck?

        Right now, you're out of luck. I put in the autoscheduler, mainly, to run tests
        on entire seasons
        for things like creating new disks. The problem with writing to the gamefile.dat
        it that a full NHL
        season would create a gamefile that is something like 25 MB. In the last few
        years, hard drives
        have gotten big and very cheap. But, when version 4 was originally planned and
        worked (1997),
        25 MB would have stressed alot of hard drives for space. This feature can be
        added at
        some point if need be............

        Dave
      • jeanden44
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 1, 2003
          Thanks for the info. That would be great if that was added.