too good to be true

  • Derrick Underwood
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 1, 2003
      I just read a transcript of Bettman's state of the game address, and he
      revealed that we won't be seeing those extra stats after all...

      <<In other issues, Bettman revealed the NHL has no plans to return
      statistics like hits and blocked shots to official box scores. An
      independent arbitrator last month sided with the NHLPA and ordered the
      league to restore the statistics.

      While the NHL will furnish them to the union, the statistics will not be
      made available to the public.

      "We have no confidence in those statistics," Bettman said. "That's why we
      stopped using them to begin with. We don't believe they accurately reflect
      performance.">>

      Derrick