New League Forming

  • Jean-Henri Duteau
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 27, 2003
      The basics: No regular season. This is a double-knockout
      tournament. What's that, you ask? It's playoff brackets where every team
      is guaranteed at least two series. Lose your first series and, as long as
      you never lose another one, you can still be crowned champion of the league.

      No GMing while the tournament is running -- you play with the team you've
      built. But between tournaments, trading is allowed along with drafting of
      new players if there are any.

      We're starting with the 1993/94 disk (the one with the lockout so teams
      played 48 games) and advancing from there.

      16 teams are in the inaugural season and we've got nine slots filled.

      The Commish (that's me) plays all the games with the GMs submitting lines
      after each game. I'm working on some special reports that, although
      specific to this league, might find a wider use for leagues when they're in
      their playoffs.

      Let me know,

      Jean Duteau