Re: [hockeydisk] PLAYER ICETIME

  • Jeff Kraus
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 30, 2002

      That's about 99% correct.  I don't have access to the data file layouts at the moment so I'm writing this from memory so what I'm about to say might not be 100% accurate either.  The line information is stored in TeamV3.dat.  There is a slot for each of the 10 lines (even strength 1 through 5, reserved line 6, power play 7-8 and shorthanded 9-10).  In an early version of APHComm, before I made it available outside my own league, I played around with line 6.  But if I remember right the game engine disregards line 6 and resets it to whatever you have as line 1 at the start of each game.  It does not save line 6 on the disk when the game is over.  Whichever line you want to start the game, you must plug into line 1.  At the start of a new period, if your team is controlled by computer coach, I think it reuses the line that was on the ice at the end of the period unless they are tired.

      Jeff

      .
      From: photosbyalex
      To: hockeydisk@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [hockeydisk] PLAYER ICETIME
      Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 21:44:20 -0500
      Exactly.... the orignial game was made for DOS.
      Check the hockey.exe in the directory you installed your game (4.02) in.
      Aphcomm has no line 6. If you go in the game and either run a game or go to
      the lines editor you will see it.
      The 4.02 game resets line 6 to being the same as line 1 after every game.
      Frank Marier wrote:
      > In APHCOMM, there's no such thing as a Line 6..

    • Steve Coulombe
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 5, 2002
        Hi,

        If anyone has a schedule.dat file for a 24 teams league, would you be
        willing to send me a copy of it please?

        I'd be very grateful.

        Thanks!

        Steve Coulombe
        coulombe@...
      • Scott Hyjek
        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 6, 2002
          Hi Steve. I've got a copy of JP Duteau's scheduler utility.