Re: [hockeydisk] QUESTION

  • Jeff Kraus
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 30, 2002
      Gamefile.dat is only an output file from whatever games were played.  They're totally different from the APBA files that contain your overall league stats.  If someone sends you their own gamefile.dat, you still have to import them into your APBA files (option 2 from the APBA menu), not just copy them into gamefile.dat.

      But remember NOT to import games that were already played on your machine!!!  In other words, say you played a bunch of games on your machine and saved the results.  They are in your APBA files, plus they are in gamefile.dat.  Somebody else sends you their gamefile.dat.  You want to import them into your APBA files.  You can either:

      1) Copy them into your gamefile.dat, and import them, skipping over any games you played on your machine otherwise they'll be duplicated in your stats

      or

      2) Replace your gamefile.dat with the one your other league member sent, and then import everything from the new gamefile.dat