Primary Position Question

  • nhl2kcommish
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 28, 2002
      In one of my leagues I have Malakhov, he's got both RD and LD and I
      wanted to change his primary position from RD where he is he rated a
      3 RD 8 Shot % and 12 for SOG to LD where he is rated 3 LD 8 Shot %
      and 12 for SOG. I was told by the Commish that he can't do it because
      When players have multiple positions, one is dominant... the other
      is inferior to the other one... Malakhov's primary slot is RD, so he
      will perform stronger at RD than at LD, even though he's rated 3 for
      both I believe... I said thats only if the other position his ratings
      are changed, I know certain players the disk team drops their stuff
      down 15% i think it was. Those are the ones who will be inferior,
      perfect example look at Kaberle on Miami in the league, he's a LD 3
      and RD 2; 24 Shot % as a LD and yet only 20 as a RD , I think thats
      someone who is you were to make him a full time RD he wouldn't do as
      well as if you kept him as a LD. But since Vlady has the same for
      both POS, he'll do the same no matter what. Am I right about this, He
      should be fine at either position right?
    • corfieldb@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 28, 2002
        Hey Guys-

             I'm one of the 3 commissioners of the league in question and one of my questions is this...If a player has an equal rating, for example Vladdy Malakhov 3/3...what's to be gained by switching his primary position? I always thought there were some hidden attributes/files that DID differentiate between between a primary position rating of 3 and a secondary position rating of 3...

               Can anyone shed any light on this issue?

        Thanks-

        Bill Corfield/CCHL Tri-Commish
      • Brad Utterstrom
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 28, 2002
          In my own personal experience, what I've noticed is that JC is
          correct, he should perform just as well at either position. However,
          changing his primary will give the computer coach something different
          to consider, and will change the ice time, probably for all dmen.
          I've had situations before where the only way I could get a dman the
          ice time I wanted is to play him out of position. IE a RD, I'll play
          him at RD and switch his primary to LD (thus getting him a few LD
          shifts as well), or play him at LD though his primary is RD.

          As far as I can tell, the only way to check is to test it and see how
          many minutes the guy is getting. But his performance should be the
          same at either position.-Brad

          --- In hockeydisk@y..., corfieldb@a... wrote:
          > Hey Guys-
          >
          > I'm one of the 3 commissioners of the league in question and
          one of my
          > questions is this...If a player has an equal rating, for example
          Vladdy
          > Malakhov 3/3...what's to be gained by switching his primary
          position? I
          > always thought there were some hidden attributes/files that DID
          differentiate
          > between between a primary position rating of 3 and a secondary
          position
          > rating of 3...
          >
          > Can anyone shed any light on this issue?
          >
          > Thanks-
          >
          > Bill Corfield/CCHL Tri-Commish
        • paul canosa
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 28, 2002
            Regarding Malakhov... he played on the right side last
            year almost exclusively. I know this because his
            partner the whole season was brian leetch who is LD.
            Thus malakhov should be a RD.
            (i saw about 40 or so rags games last year)

            http://webhosting.yahoo.com/