Re: Fw: [hockeydisk] Re: A Couple Of Questions About the Game

  • photosbyalex
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 5, 2002
      I have tried shadowing..... I have never really noticed it being effective...
      are there any formulas for success?

      Should I put a defenceman on a forward to stop him?
      ---ie: Lidstrom on Naslund
      Should I put a forward on a forward to stop him?
      ---ie: Francis on Bondra?
      Should I put an opposite side forward to stop him?
      ---ie: Bure is RW then use a defensive LW to stop him
      Should I put an opposite side defenseman to stop him?
      ---ie: Put Blake (RD) on Tkachuk (LW)

      We have tried tons of stuff and like I said... sometimes it works.... sometimes
      the guy I shadowed with doesn't get a minute.... please help if you have any
      suggestions.

      Alex

      Frank Marier wrote:

      > I've got one question about shadowing.. How is it done?
      >
      > Frank.

    • Frank Marier
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 6, 2002
        The only instance in which I've ever heard shadowing being effective was
        a defenseman shadowing an opponent's offensive player. I believe Scott
        stevens was involved, so it would take a premier defensive talent.

        Frank

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/