review progress

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 5 9:00 PM
      We are now at about 42% of where we need to be. I thank those that made their
      contributions. We do need more. I know of a few more coming, but it's looking
      like
      we will be way short. This is disheartening, and will lead to a lower quality
      disk.
      Again, I ask the community, please consider rating some players for the
      project.
    • Thomas Mertz
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 9 9:50 AM
        Are there any guidlines available for those of us that are submiting ratings for the first time?

        Tom

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 9 8:17 PM
          Thomas Mertz wrote:
          Are there any guidlines available for those of us that are submiting ratings for the first time? Tom

          A few simple ones:
          1) stick to players you know and have seen play
          2) feel free to use fractional ratings if you can't decide, all the numbers get combined
          and averaged anyway
          3) avoid guessing. Either don't rate the player, or do some research to get it right. We
          have Herb's scouting reports available for download, and there are a number of online
          sources to get player information
          4) try to leave team loyalties and emotions out of the ratings. If you hate a player, fine. But
          don't give him bad ratings just because you hate him
          5) get into it and learn something from it. If you do alot of players, go back and compare
          why you gave someone a 5 def early on, and why you gave someone a 5 def later on.
          Try to discriminate between why you gave certain ratings. You can learn alot from
          this process.