AHL looking for new members

  • bradutterstrom
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 29, 2002
      The AHL is heading into it's 8th season and I need at least 2 new
      GMs. You can take a look at our webpage at
      http://www.geocities.com/bradutterstrom

      One interesting thing we're doing this season is that rather than
      just inheriting someone else's team, we're going to take all of the
      players from the vacant teams and pool them into a draft for the new
      GM's. As of right now there are 3 vacant teams and there may be a
      couple more. One of the teams has been a powerhouse in the league all
      7 seasons, so there is definitely some talent in the pool. You
      probably won't be able to build a powerhouse right off the bat, but
      you won't be stuck with a hopeless team either.

      The AHL has always been a league which places heavy emphasis on the
      rough parts of the game. Each year I change the PHY ratings to
      reflect actual NHL hits and give more accurate statistical results in
      that category. I also do the same with all of the individual penalty
      ratings. In addition, I have a fight simulator which gives detailed
      and accurate results of each fight as opposed to relying on APBA's
      simple fighting system. So if you're a fan of the rough stuff this
      league should interest you.

      I'm looking for someone who is at least familiar with APBA though you
      don't have to be incredibly experienced in APBA leagues. I'm also
      looking for GM's who are excited about the game and will take an
      active role in the league. E-mail me at apbaahl@... if
      interested. Thanks.-Brad