RE: [hockeydisk] Re: Disk will be made available

  • Frankie Wong
    Message 1 of 8 , May 9, 2002
      Not trying to start any sort of email war here but I was merely asking
      for some references so that I can be sure that we ain't getting ripped
      off by an apparent scam... Unless this is a real scam that is... =)

      Message 2 of 8 , May 9, 2002
        Fair enough..

        I used stats from the following places amongst others..

        ESPN,USATODAY, THN, CNNSI,CBSPSORTSLINE.COM, NHL.COM, NHLPA.com and a
        few web sources that people sent me.

        I also got some boxscores and line combos from THN and Sportingews.

        The yahoo stats were worthless, Sosa with 3 goals??? LOL

        My buddy dumped these accumulated stats (which included
        Goals,Assists, Points, Giveaways, Takeaways, Hits FOW, FOL, Ice Time,
        Shift Time and others) to a giant XLS spreadhseet. I used that to run
        through my util. and create the playerv2.dat file..

        --- In hockeydisk@y..., Frankie Wong <orcas@h...> wrote:
        > Not trying to start any sort of email war here but I was merely
        asking
        > for some references so that I can be sure that we ain't getting
        ripped
        > off by an apparent scam... Unless this is a real scam that is...
        =)

      • Hank Stalica
        Message 3 of 8 , May 9, 2002
          I kind of find it entertaining..
          There's only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please.
          And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences.