Re: [hockeydisk] Re: new disk

  • Fotiu22Fan@AOL.com
    Message 1 of 45 , May 9, 2002
                    SUSPECTING THAT MR. PERRY WAS sdp212@... I SENT THE FOLLOWING EMAIL TO HIM BEFORE EVERYONE RESPONDED TO HIS POSTS ON THE EMAIL LIST. I KNEW OF HIS REPUTATION FROM THREE DIFFERENT SITUATIONS AND WANTED TO SEE HOW HE WOULD RESPOND. NOT TO MY SURPRISE, HE DIDN'T.

      Subj: APBA hockey
      Date: 5/8/02 2:29:10 PM Pacific Daylight Time
      From: Fotiu22Fan
      To: sdp212@...
            Hi,
               I was a member of the hockeydisk team, but didn't have the time last year or this year to send in the ratings.  I think the team does a very good job of making a disk, but they take way to long. This doesn't mean someone like yourself can't produce a very good disk in less then 30 days. My league (GOHL) is prepared to make a disk in the future if the disk team folded, but it's nice to know someone like you is out there.
              I am also a member of the LHL, a retro APBA league that started with the 1974-75 season. We just started the 1976-77 season (summer league) and we make our own disk, so I know how much work goes into making a disk. If you ever have any interest in getting on our waiting list, we could use someone with your background in helping make yearly disks.
                                                                       Anthony Blanda

         I NEVER GOT A RESPONSE TO MY LAST EMAIL, THEN I GOT THE FOLLOWING EMAIL FROM THE COMMISSIONER OF THE LHL (RETRO LEAGUE) WHICH I AM A GM IN, TIM IS ALSO A MEMBER OF THE GOHL (CURRENT LEAGUE). I ALREADY KNEW WHAT TIM WRITES BELOW, BUT I THINK EVERYONE NEEDS TO SEE IT FROM TIM (A REAL STAND UP GUY THAT I HAVE HAD THE PLEASURE TO MEET WHEN HE TOOK A TRIP TO LAS VEGAS).

      Date: 5/9/02 4:23:36 AM Pacific Daylight Time
      From:    sdp212@... (sdp212)
      To:    hockeydisk@yahoogroups.com

      Poor guy.. Three strikes against him

      1) Ranger Fan
      2) Nick Fotiu Fan
      3) Ranger Fan.
       AT LEAST THEY HAVE ONE STANLEY CUP IN THE LAST 8 YEARS. I GUESS YOU ARE A DEVIL, AV'S OR RED WING FAN FOR NOW?       RHETORICAL QUESTION, PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND, (WHICH DOESN'T APPEAR TO BE A PROBLEM ANYWAY).

      could always create a disk for you where the Rnagers WIN some
      games :-)

          THEN I SEND AN EMAIL TO DAVE AND MR. PERRY RESPONDS (ABOVE), BUT HE DIDN'T RESPOND WHEN I HAD SENT A PRIVATE EMAIL DIRECTLY TO HIM. I GUESS HE LIKES READING HIS OWN EMAILS ON THE EMAIL LIST?
      RHETORICAL QUESTION, PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND, (WHICH DOESN'T APPEAR TO BE A PROBLEM ANYWAY).

      -
      -- In hockeydisk@y..., Fotiu22Fan@A... wrote:
      >                 This was by far the most entertaining email I have
      read in
      > the last two years. With all your free time (now that we have a
      superior
      > disk) you should consider a career in comedy
      writing.
      > Anthony Blanda (GOHL)

      PS- I HAVE SOME PRODUCTS I WOULD LIKE TO SELL, IS IT OKAY TO USE THIS EMAIL LIST? ORIGINALLY, I THOUGHT IT WAS SETUP FOR THE HOCKEYDISK TEAM TO CREATE AN APBA DISK, BUT THE RECENT EMAILS LEAD ME TO BELIEVE DIFFERENTLY?           ANTHONY

    • Derrick Underwood
      Message 45 of 45 , Apr 11, 2007
        Hi Dave et al

        I am glad there is many folks that want to see the new disk - I am not sure I would do without sim hockey leagues to fill my time....

        I have all the NHL.com stats.  I need to do some double checking to make sure that all the split stats are complete - I will do that some time in the next weeks.

        I don't have the boxscores yet - I need to tweak my app to harvest all the files due to some tricks NHL.com put in this year.  I will get that done on Saturday.

        Derrick