My Offering to the APBA Community

  • Hank Stalica
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 13, 2002
      ___I've attached a zip file containing the elements necessary to automate certain tasks of the league commissioner. Instead of manually zipping up your league files, e-mailing them to your users, uploading text files created by regrep, and typing up trades in the e-mail by hand, you can do these things automatically. By setting up these files, you can automate these tasks and have them all done with a click of a batch file.

      I've included some general instructions in the _regrep.bat file, similar to what you might find in a UNIX file. If you have any questions, please shoot me an e-mail. I know they are less than great as I am not a technical writer.

      This file is distributed as freeware and you are free to do whatever you want with it. It is just my way of trying to give something back to the hobby for which I have enjoyed so much.

      I would also be willing to share some of my basic automated scripts that I use in conjunction with UNIX to run test seasons over and over for testing.

      As far as I know, the programs contained in this file are complete freeware. IF they are not, please let me know.

      --Hank
      IHL Commissioner
      http://home.attbi.com/~hstalica/
      There's only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please.
      And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences.
    • bradutterstrom
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 18, 2002
        I downloaded it and looked at it, clicked on everything, but nothing
        seems to be working. I'm not sure what to do or what the program does?
      • Frankie Wong
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 18, 2002
          You have to edit the parameters in the batch file first... It might be
          a little difficult for those who don't know about DOS commands....

          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 18, 2003
            Does anyone know if there's a way to access the text
            of the game, in order to change some of the phrasing?
            I'm working on rating some of the very early players
            (Cyclone Taylor etc), but in their time there were no
            bluelines, slapshots etc. and I'd like a version of
            the game that would reflect that. Just wondering

            http://mailplus.yahoo.com
          • corfieldb@aol.com
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 18, 2003
              review the Hockeymanual..its in there...

              Bill Corfield
            • David Gowdey
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 18, 2003
                The Manual talks about Xtratext, which re-works a
                little bit (Goals, etc) but I was hoping there was a
                way to access the underlying text...

                http://mailplus.yahoo.com