DOS Utility to print free agents

  • hstalica
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 27, 2002
      Is there a utility floating around out there somewhere that will
      print out a text file of all the players in your league not currently on
      teams? Preferrably something regrep like that can be run in a
      batch file?

      For that matter, does anyone know who wrote the regrep.exe
      file?

      Thanks,

      --Hank
    • Ed Hebscher
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 27, 2002
        IT CAN BE DONE EASILY THROUGH APHCOMM. I THINK EXPORT PLAYER DATA OR STATS,
        SELECT TEAM AS POOL.

        GOOD LUCK.

        ED

        > Is there a utility floating around out there somewhere that will
        > print out a text file of all the players in your league not currently on
        > teams? Preferrably something regrep like that can be run in a
        > batch file?
        >
        > For that matter, does anyone know who wrote the regrep.exe
        > file?
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > --Hank

      • hstalica
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 27, 2002
          Thanks for all the hints, guys. What I really need though is a
          scriptable solution. That's why I was asking if their was a
          program like regrep out there that could do that.

          For my league, I have a batch file that zips up the league files,
          mails them out, runs regrep, connects to my website, uploads
          the regrep text files -- all automatically.

          The one text file I really wish regrep would make is a fa list in the
          same format as the teams.txt file. I could then add that as part of
          my automatic update batch file and upload it to my site.

          Unfortunately, the suggestions I've seen don't solve my problem.

          Regrep is just screaming out for such a text file.
        • Brett Hall
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 27, 2002
            > Unfortunately, the suggestions I've seen don't solve my problem.
            >
            > Regrep is just screaming out for such a text file.

            I'm sure if you paid Jean-Henri enough, he would be happy to add
            it. :-)

            Brett Hall | brett@...

            St. Louis Mustangs (GHMHL)
            St. Louis Sting (WWAHL)
            St. Louis Ice Lords (NWHL)
            Tuktoyaktuk Nanuk (RMHL)
            Rosemont Revolution (GUMP)

            Nimble fingers that dance on numbers will eat your children and
            steal your thunder, while heavy torsos that heave and hurl will
            crunch like nuts in the mouths of squirrels.
            -Cake
          • hstalica
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 27, 2002
              > I'm sure if you paid Jean-Henri enough, he would be happy to
              add
              > it. :-)

              Hehe..no doubt.
              I'm just thiking it seems like it would be easy enough to modify
              the existing function that prints out the teams.txt file to grab the
              players from the pool and print that to a text file. I would think you
              could re-use like 90% of the code. A copy and paste, change a
              few lines, compile and you're done.

              I love that program, I just wish it printed out the free agents.

              Then, it would be Perfect and not just perfect.