RE: [hockeydisk] career stats?

  • Ed Hebscher
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 1, 2001
      I do the same basically

      -----Original Message-----
      From: D. Atkinson [mailto:bigdog@...]
      Sent: Friday, November 30, 2001 10:33 PM
      To: hockeydisk@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [hockeydisk] career stats?

      Brad Utterstrom wrote:

      > I was wondering if anyone has a program or knows a way to sort career
      > stats for an APBA league? I've always thought it would be really cool
      > to somehow compile career stats for my AHL league, which is currently
      > in it's 7th season. It seems like it wouldn't be too tough to somehow
      > get a spreadsheet or database to sort and compile career stats...has
      > anyone every found a way to do this?

      I've been doing it for about 8 years now. I used to cut and paste the APBA
      stats, but now just use the player stat dump feature in APHComm. Then, I
      import the stats into excel, put them into the format I want (column order,
      delete the ratings and things I don't want that come over in the dump) and
      import
      the excel sheet into access. Once in access, you can write queries to sort
      leaders in any conceivable catagory. I use this to dump career stats to
      our league webpage.

    • Ed Hebscher
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 1, 2001
        I use acess to do it and it is a bit of work but not too bad

        Ed

        http://www.gameonhockey.org/career.htm

        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 1, 2001
          I don't have Access or Excel...I have MSWorks. It's got a database
          and spreadsheet, and I imagine it's capable of the same. But I don't
          know how to use them. I've used the spreadsheet only a couple times
          and never used the database. I'll have to play around with it and see
          if I can find a way to do career stats that way.-Brad

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 1, 2001
            Brad Utterstrom wrote:

            > I don't have Access or Excel...I have MSWorks. It's got a database
            > and spreadsheet, and I imagine it's capable of the same. But I don't
            > know how to use them. I've used the spreadsheet only a couple times
            > and never used the database. I'll have to play around with it and see
            > if I can find a way to do career stats that way.-Brad

            Although the database in works probably doesn't have the query power
            or report generating powers of access, it should work for simple leaders
            lists and keeping a good league database.