Forming new league

  • Dave Elkin
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 29 10:10 AM
      I am forming a new league using the 4.0 APBA program and the great
      2000-2001 Disk. My premise is to have 16 managers in 2 divisions and
      play a 72 game season. You would play your division teams 8 times and
      the other division teams twice. The roster would be 36 men with a 20
      man starting lineup.

      Each member would pick their favorite team and we would then have a
      dispersal draft of the rest of the league. The draft would be a
      serpentine draft after each team cut down to 18 from their original
      franchise. It would be a keeper league but there would be no salary
      cap.

      Each member would play the home games and be responsible to send in
      all necessary files with results from home games and lines for away
      games.

      With this premise, we would have a league where stats would be
      somewhat skewed as we would be using the best of the player pool.

      To simulate free agency, we will use the following rules:

      Age is determined at the start of the 2000 season:

      Any player over 35 is signed to a two year contract
      Any player over 30 is signed to a 4 year contract
      Any player over 25 is signed to a 8 year contract
      Any player under 25 is signed to a 10 year contract

      When player contracts are up, they go to the free agent pool and are
      eligible for drafting the next year.

      I am open to any and all ideas. If you have any interest, please
      contact Dave Elkin at davidmelkin@.... I also would be interested
      in recruiting one person to serve as co-commisioner to help the
      league get off the ground.