Defensive Ratings

  • goodrheum@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 18 4:57 PM
      Jeff Krause had suggested the possibility of posting preliminary
      defense ratings. With all the understood caveats about these being
      tentative ratings, is this still the plan? (asked with a copy of
      McKeen's in my lap)

      To the other raters: did anyone else use input from the skater's GAA
      to massage their defense numbers?
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 18 5:03 PM
        I didn't use the goals against figures but it was simply because I was really
        busy trying to get the scouting report done. But it is something I would use
        in the future provided I don't procrastinate on the scouting report again
        this year.
        (answered with my McKeen's and Forecaster on my lap and the Hockey News
        Yearbook and Ultimate Pool Guide on the desk beside me)

        Herb Garbutt

        goodrheum@... wrote:

        > Jeff Krause had suggested the possibility of posting preliminary
        > defense ratings. With all the understood caveats about these being
        > tentative ratings, is this still the plan? (asked with a copy of
        > McKeen's in my lap)
        >
        > To the other raters: did anyone else use input from the skater's GAA
        > to massage their defense numbers?

      • Jeff Kraus
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 18 5:19 PM
          Based on the feedback we got it didn't sound like there was much interest in the preliminary ratings, so we scrapped the idea.  We were never really comfortable with the idea of putting preliminary ratings out, so we were relieved nobody was really clamoring for them.  Should still see a final disk by Labor Day.  We'll again have two versions of the disk, one with multiple cards for guys who played with multiple teams, one with a league-friendly set-up (one card per player).