Re: [hockeydisk] Let's get rolling

  • Sean Christian Berends
    Message 1 of 14 , Apr 10, 2001
      Me and my girlfriend were given 200 MB worth of web space.  I'm not sure of the traffic restrictions, if there are any, but I'm willing to upload stuff if needed.

      Sean
      Message 2 of 14 , Apr 10, 2001
        I had the same problem. when it prompts you to save file as, make sure you
        have the file name set to ratethem.xls. IE is changing the file name to
        ratethem.htm when I did it.

        Derrick

        Message 3 of 14 , Apr 10, 2001

          Message 4 of 14 , Apr 10, 2001
            Jerry Howell wrote:

            > Am I the only one having trouble opening that file? My browsers
            > (Explorer or Navigator) will not open it. I checked to make sure the
            > application was Excel. I tried saving it to desktop, then using Excel
            > to open it, and no luck. I keep getting messages that the file is read
            > only....
            >
            > Any suggestions?

            Ok, for those of you using IE, and having problems, I have uploaded a zip
            file of the spreadsheet.
            http://www.srv.net/~bigdog/gump/ratethem.zip

            Let me know if this works OK.

            Dave
          • Jerry Howell
            Message 5 of 14 , Apr 10, 2001
              The file is saving as an .xls file, but I'm unable to view it...

              If anyone can export it as a .txt file and forward it to me, that would
              be great. Is this a view only file??

              Derrick Underwood wrote:

              > I had the same problem. when it prompts you to save file as, make sure you
              > have the file name set to ratethem.xls. IE is changing the file name to
              > ratethem.htm when I did it.
              >
              > Derrick

            • BARRY MILCAREK
              Message 6 of 14 , Apr 10, 2001
                S'up wit your web site - I cannot get to it ??

                Message 7 of 14 , Apr 10, 2001
                  disregard PRIOR message - I HAVE CONNECTED !

                  "D. Atkinson" wrote:

                  > Jerry Howell wrote:
                  >
                  > > Am I the only one having trouble opening that file? My browsers
                  > > (Explorer or Navigator) will not open it. I checked to make sure the
                  > > application was Excel. I tried saving it to desktop, then using Excel
                  > > to open it, and no luck. I keep getting messages that the file is read
                  > > only....
                  > >
                  > > Any suggestions?
                  > >

                  > Ok, for those of you using IE, and having problems, I have uploaded a zip
                  > file of the spreadsheet.
                  > http://www.srv.net/~bigdog/gump/ratethem.zip
                  >
                  > Let me know if this works OK.
                  >
                  > Dave

                • Jerry Howell
                  Message 8 of 14 , Apr 11, 2001
                    Worked for me...

                    Are the positions indicated going to be their primary
                    positions on the new disk?

                    Thanks Dave.

                    Message 9 of 14 , Apr 11, 2001
                      Jerry Howell wrote:

                      > Are the positions indicated going to be their primary
                      > positions on the new disk?

                      NO! Those are for guidance only. We are compiling the position information
                      now from 3 sources. We will distill it down, and probably issue a position
                      spreadsheet long before the disk comes out. However, it will be subject
                      to minor changes.