      From: Derrick Underwood [mailto:derricku@...]
      Sent: Friday, December 01, 2000 9:51 PM
      To: hockeydisk@egroups.com
      Subject: [hockeydisk] loading NHL stats for apba players

      I have built a web page that allows the gm's of my league to view the
      current NHL stats of players.  I have been using Yahoo's NHL stats
      (http://sports.yahoo.com/nhlstats/regular_season_stats.txt)- they update
      them nightly.  They use a unique identifier that seems to be of their own
      creation, but is useful to differentiate between players with similar or the
      same names(like them damn Petr Svobodas...).  I have created a lookup table
      my data base uses to link the apba and Yahoo data sources.  If anyone is
      interested, I can forward a text file with the 2 columns that have the full
      apba names and the Yahoo identifier.  You can see the info in action at
      http://www.gchl.net/clubs.asp?abbr=Gfk&Report=NHLStats or
      http://www.gchl.net/fa.asp?source=qryNHLStats&order=name&gtorder=name.
      Anyone looking at building utilities to see current NHL stats might be able
      to make use of this data.

      The only bad side to Yahoo's data is that they only include the Id's for
      players that have played this year.  That means that I have to check
      periodically to update the ID's of players that have just started playing...

      email me at derricku@... if you would like a copy of your own.  I will
      be updating this table every 2 weeks or so.

      Derrick

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic