5142Re: [hockeydisk] RE: Happy New Year!!!

  • Matt Young
    Apr 3, 2014

      I got The Hockey News playoff preview edition in the mail today.  They are breaking down teams that are near a playoff spot and in it, there is the return of the LD and RD position definitions.

      While it doesn't get every team (Buffalo, NY Islanders and all those others that suck bad) it does capture the majority since there are quite a few teams potentially able to make the playoffs when they print it.

      This should help us a bit if we haven't found an alternate source.

      Matt Young

      On Sat, Jan 11, 2014 at 3:01 AM, <lextalionis2001@...> wrote:

      I asked on a hockey site and got this response

      "I do believe that 85%+ of LH defensemen play the left-side and 85%+ of RH defensemen play the right-side.
      There is usually only about 1 of 6 defenders on any given NHL D that is playing on his off-side. Most teams have a pretty even balance of LH/RH defensemen.
      From there, I would use FrozenPool or LeftWingLock to check most common defensive pairings even-strength for each team.
      This would indicate pairings.

      There really needs to be a spreadsheet somewhere where the players stick-side is written after his name.
      ex. Bouwmeester (LH) - Pietrangelo (RH)"

      It doesn't solve the problem but it doesn't sound impossible to manage
      Paul C

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic