      Sent: Thursday, August 02, 2012 5:36 PM
      Subject: [hockeydisk] Action PC Hockey 2012 comes out in a week

      http://dksports.com/hockey.htm

      I've been playing the 2011 version for the last 8 or 9 months. I am very impressed, honestly. In my opinion it's better than APBA in almost every aspect.

      The biggest drawback, by far, is that it's not free, and neither are season disks. It would be difficult to run an online league like most of us do for APBA, because in order to do so everyone in the league would need the game as well as the given season disk (I think). So it can get quite costly, and would be tricky to convert an entire league to Action! because you'd have to convince all of your GMs to buy the game and make the switch with you.

      That said, I'm now using Action! for most of my personal/fun sims while still using APBA for my online league sims. I'm toying with the idea of making the switch or trying an online action league, though.

      The biggest/most fun change for me to the 2012 version is that they are adding brawls and multiple simultaneous fights to the game! You can view the website to see the other new features.

      There is no free demo, BUT when you purchase the game it's a 30 day money back trial. So if you want to try it out, I would recommend waiting til the 9th so you don't pay for the 2011 version and then want to buy the 2012 version again a few days later. Or I suppose you could probably try the 2011, then return it for refund, then buy the full 2012. Not sure if it works that way.

      Anyway, just wanted to let you guys know that we're probably a few days away from the best hockey sim to date hitting the market!

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic