      Sent: Wednesday, June 16, 2010 2:05 PM
      Subject: Re: [hockeydisk] anyone?

      My intention would be to write an APHComm like interface to the game files to make the game more "league friendly". There are also probably others out there that are better programmers that would likely do a better job than I. I worry about that approach, as the game sales are needed to keep the game viable and alive from a business aspect long term. However, holding 20 people hostage that will never actually play the game themselves is not the right answer either. Not sure if the data files are encrypted or not (I haven't bought the game yet due to lack of time), but that would be a roadblock to a third party roster editor. Not sure how things will play out, but your concerns are well founded and will need to be addressed by any leagues considering migration from APBA.

      Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

      From: Joe Sutherland <joesutherland@...>
      Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 20:33:25 +0000
      To: <hockeydisk@yahoogroups.com>

      I purchased the Action! PC Hockey simulator.  It's pretty cool.  The problem is, if you run a league (as I do) there's no support software where teams can send you their lines and strategies.  At first glance it appears that everyone in the league needs to shell out the $40 to take part.  Also, you need to pay every year for the updates.

      To: hockeydisk@yahoogro ups.com
      From: boomhound@gmail. com
      Date: Sat, 29 May 2010 14:11:28 -0700
      Subject: [hockeydisk] anyone?

      Anyone out there have this yet?

      http://www.dksports .com/hockey. htm

      I'm interested in hearing a review.

      Turn down-time into play-time with Messenger games Play Now!

    • Show all 27 messages in this topic