4526Re: [hockeydisk] gross misconducts

    Feb 5 10:07 PM
      The stock disk has all the gross misconduct ratings set to zero, since the gross misconduct penalty was removed from the NHL rulebook in 2007.
      I had no gross misconducts occur in nearly 1 million test games during the disk process.
      The ratios of many ratings changed to make things more accurate....it is possible that this is causing an amplification of gross misconduct penalties when you change the rating. Not caught in testing due to the all zero situation for the disk.

      bradutterstrom wrote:

      So this is a weird one...with ALL of my season disks (dating back to the NHL 50's disks) I've always added a gross misconduct rating for some of the guys who had a rep to fight dirty. For instance, take Schultz in the 70's, I'd give him a 222 (which is the highest gross misconduct rating possible) and he might get 1 or 2 gross misconducts over the whole season.

      So for most guys who fight at all, I'll give them a 1 just to represent that slimmest possibility that a gross misconduct COULD happen. It was almost unheard of to see someone get a gross misconduct on the more recent disks from the 2000's because I only rated everyone a 1.

      Now, I'm working with the 0809 project disk, and I threw in a 1 gross misconduct rating for anyone who fights maybe 5 times or more a season. And all of a sudden there are tons of guys getting multiple gross misconducts, while only rated a 1! I'm even seeing guys picking up 5 or more while only rated a 1!

      Does anyone have any clue what could be going on here? So far as I can tell, this is no different than I've done with all the other project disks, but gross misconducts almost never happened on those disks.

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic