      From: Dave Atkinson <boomhound@...>
      To: hockeydisk@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 8:40 pm
      Subject: Re: [hockeydisk] Committees for 08-09 disk

      I like this open discussion. I like getting the issues out on the
      table. I want to weigh in on this, but I'm traveling and typing this
      on a blackberry. I'll wait til I get home to a real keyboard to jump
      in. I was glad to see the email from Bill with concerns.... .. I lwant
      to keep this process transparent, so I'll address that. The rating
      teams are valuable and I still like that approach, it's just last year
      had out of control issues that Herb mentioned. Look at this as a
      tweak, not a total change. I expect lots of changes to the base rating
      set.

      On 4/7/09, Andy Bartalone <buffalo@guisarme. net> wrote:

      > Bill and anyone else that may have this concern.
      >
      >> ? There was an impression amongst some in the apba community last time
      > where "Herb won all ties." That is, in the vast majority of cases
      > where a ratings team or representative disagreed with you on a
      > rating, your ratings usually prevailed. I understand the impossible
      > nature of trying to please everyone and still generate an accurate
      > disk.
      >
      > I worked with Herb on 7 teams last season and I did not see anything like
      > *Herb won all ties*. We had an honest discourse on each and every one came
      > to decisions based on a multitude of things, but it was definitely NOT
      > *Herb won all ties*, I actually think that it was about 60/40 in my favor.
      >
      > Just saying.

    • Show all 19 messages in this topic