OT: Basketball data

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 25, 2008
      I apologize for the off-topic post, but...

      If anyone is interested in starting a similar project for basketball,
      I have a basketball database that I can make available. The database
      download from databasebasketball.com (the 2.0 version) was used as a
      starting point, but my current version differs significantly from the
      original:

      - Updated through 2006-07 (except for draft data, which is only
      current through 2004)
      - Many corrections and additions, as the original database had LOTS of
      errors and omissions. For example, several hundred missing player
      playoff records were added, many missing splits for multi-team players
      were added, and a number of statistical errors have been fixed.
      - Player and team IDs have been modified to correspond to
      basketball-reference.com (a few player IDs may still differ)
      - Lots of other changes - missing data now represented by nulls
      instead of zeros, added proper coach IDs, added additional fields to
      the team table, etc.

      For a variety of reasons, I don't have the interest in running a
      basketball database project myself. So if anyone is interested in
      taking this on, please contact me offline.