Re: [hockey-databank] Update - hockey-reference.com site (probably) coming

    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 26, 2007
      It's almost likely to be data from here or HAG_list.

      Tom

      --- dsreyn <dreynolds@...> wrote:

      > Nothing definite has been announced, but it sounds
      > like Sean Forman and
      > company are definitely moving forward on a hockey
      > site
      > (hockey-reference.com). The following was part of
      > the
      > baseball-reference.com blog entry for September 21:
      >
      > Basketball, Football, Baseball, and Hockey (we are
      > getting close on
      > acquiring a great data set) will be launching,
      > re-launching, or seeing
      > significant changes/additions in the next six
      > months.
      >
      > Needless to say, I'm interested to see what they
      > come up with for a data
      > set. Also, the message at hockey-reference.com now
      > says:
      >
      > Our apologies for not launching this site sooner,
      > but we are talking to
      > several groups about acquiring stats and will post
      > more notes here, when
      > we are closer to having something ready to launch.

      The 2007 Fans' Scouting Report
      http://www.tangotiger.net/scouting/

      Need a vacation? Get great deals
      to amazing places on Yahoo! Travel.
      http://travel.yahoo.com/
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 26, 2007
        If you take the message on the web site at face value ("we are talking
        to several groups about acquiring stats") that theoretically rules out
        this group, since I haven't had any contact from them. I'm not sure
        how many other sources are out there though. Now that Forman has
        turned his operation into a full-fledged business, I suppose he could
        even be looking into purchasing a database from someone.

        Doug

        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 18, 2008
          For those who don't keep tabs on the sports-reference.com blog, this
          was mentioned again ("next on the docket is a hockey site") in their
          entry for January 10th.