Re: [hockey-databank] Update - hockey-reference.com site (probably) coming

    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 26 3:33 PM
      It's almost likely to be data from here or HAG_list.

      Tom

      --- dsreyn <dreynolds@...> wrote:

      > Nothing definite has been announced, but it sounds
      > like Sean Forman and
      > company are definitely moving forward on a hockey
      > site
      > (hockey-reference.com). The following was part of
      > the
      > baseball-reference.com blog entry for September 21:
      >
      > Basketball, Football, Baseball, and Hockey (we are
      > getting close on
      > acquiring a great data set) will be launching,
      > re-launching, or seeing
      > significant changes/additions in the next six
      > months.
      >
      > Needless to say, I'm interested to see what they
      > come up with for a data
      > set. Also, the message at hockey-reference.com now
      > says:
      >
      > Our apologies for not launching this site sooner,
      > but we are talking to
      > several groups about acquiring stats and will post
      > more notes here, when
      > we are closer to having something ready to launch.

      The 2007 Fans' Scouting Report
      http://www.tangotiger.net/scouting/

      Need a vacation? Get great deals
      to amazing places on Yahoo! Travel.
      http://travel.yahoo.com/
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 26 7:27 PM
        If you take the message on the web site at face value ("we are talking
        to several groups about acquiring stats") that theoretically rules out
        this group, since I haven't had any contact from them. I'm not sure
        how many other sources are out there though. Now that Forman has
        turned his operation into a full-fledged business, I suppose he could
        even be looking into purchasing a database from someone.

        Doug

        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 18, 2008
          For those who don't keep tabs on the sports-reference.com blog, this
          was mentioned again ("next on the docket is a hockey site") in their
          entry for January 10th.