Revised playoff statistics (errors in Total Hockey II)

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 9, 2007
      Checking individual statistics against team totals turned up a few
      errors in the individual playoff statistics in Total Hockey (2nd
      edition). Where a mismatch was found, I went through the game
      summaries in Stanley Cup Records & Statistics to obtain the correct
      figures. Corrections were made to the following:

      1967 - Stan Mikita (PPG/SHG), Howie Hughes (PPG), Mike McMahon
      (PPG/SHG), J.P. Parise (PPG/SHG)
      1969 - Gary Sabourin (SHG)
      1970 - Jim McKenny (PPG), Wayne Cashman (PPG), Frank Mahovlich (PPG),
      Doug Jarrett (PPG)
      1971 - Bobby Orr (PPG), Johnny Bucyk (PPG), Frank Mahovlich (PPG/GWG)
      1973 - Ken Hodge (PPG), Carol Vadnais (PPG), Brad Park (PPG), Bobby
      Clarke (PPG), Terry Crisp (SHG)

      There were also one or two cases in the late 70s / early 80s where
      playoff GWG did not add properly, and the corrections were obtained
      from the game summaries in the annual NHL Guide (I did not keep a list
      of these).

      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 9, 2007
        My list of corrections included a few that are in fact correct in
        Total Hockey II. Hughes (1967), Cashman (1970), and Vadnais (1973)
        are OK as printed.

        Doug