Re: 1952-53 Boston Bruins shutouts

  • forever1940
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 8, 2007
      I did check the NY Times for his 9-0 shutout win, and no mention of
      another goaltender is made.

      --- In hockey-databank@yahoogroups.com, Ralph Slate <slater@...>
      wrote:

      > Is it possible that Henry was replaced during one of those
      shutouts, and
      > the NHL therefore didn't award it to him? I remember James K
      theorizing
      > that there are a number of replacement goalies that were
      overlooked in
      > the NHL records, at least in the early days (perhaps not into the
      50's),
      > because the NHL didn't track them and you had to really find the
      home
      > game report to dig them out; most research has been done in
      Canadian

      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 12, 2007
        I suppose this is possible, but I guess I'd wonder why the league
        docked him a shutout due to a replacement goalie, yet failed to list
        the replacement goalie in the stats. It seems to me that if Henry is
        going to be credited with playing the entire regular season, he also
        should be credited with all the shutouts.

        Doug