Re: [hockey-databank] Re: 1952-53 Boston Bruins shutouts

    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 7, 2007
      Is it possible that Henry was replaced during one of those shutouts, and
      the NHL therefore didn't award it to him? I remember James K theorizing
      that there are a number of replacement goalies that were overlooked in
      the NHL records, at least in the early days (perhaps not into the 50's),
      because the NHL didn't track them and you had to really find the home
      game report to dig them out; most research has been done in Canadian
      newspapers.

      Ralph

      forever1940 wrote:

      > The NY Times also notes it as his 8th shutout.

    • forever1940
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 8, 2007
        I did check the NY Times for his 9-0 shutout win, and no mention of
        another goaltender is made.

        --- In hockey-databank@yahoogroups.com, Ralph Slate <slater@...>

        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 12, 2007
          I suppose this is possible, but I guess I'd wonder why the league
          docked him a shutout due to a replacement goalie, yet failed to list
          the replacement goalie in the stats. It seems to me that if Henry is
          going to be credited with playing the entire regular season, he also
          should be credited with all the shutouts.

          Doug