Re: [hockey-databank] NHL gamesheets

    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 18, 2007
      --- Stu McMurray <stumcmurray@...> wrote:
      > Nothing is "locked away". Benny has always been
      > helpful to me when I
      > have gone to the Toronto office. He lets me work
      > alone in the records
      > room to do my research and I have been allowed to
      > photocopy sheets and
      > take them with me. On the way out I stop by his
      > office and we talk shop
      > for awhile. My experience with the NHL, specifically
      > in the Toronto
      > office, has always been a positive one. Way better
      > than what Ralph has
      > reported with his discussions with Frank Polnaszek.

      I used to work in the same building as the NHL, when
      they were in Montreal. And for a few years, I would
      ask for the end-of-year full stats (including full
      plus/minus: TGF, PGF, TGA, PGA). Ercolani didn't know
      me from a hole in the wall, but he went out of his way
      to produce it for me, and have it ready for me for
      pickup.

      Allowing Stu to make copies of the scoresheets is more
      than enough. If someone wants to volunteer to digitize
      them, by scanning them, that might be the next step.

      http://www.InsideTheBook.com

      -----------------------------------

    • flyershistory
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 2, 2007
        I just found out about this group and see my name mentioned :)

        I can give results from my Quaker "exercise" using actual NHL game
        sheets. There are a number of discepancies between NHL official game
        sheet compilations and official stats.

        I'm a little under the weather right now, so it will be a few days, but
        it will further show how "off" the early official stats probably are.
        There were 2 or 3 games where the official game sheets for the Quakers
        were missing.

        Any suggestions on how you'd like to see these stats ? In a CSV file ?

        Peter
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 4, 2007
          CSV sounds good to me.

          Thanks,