Re: [hockey-databank] Re: Fantastic

    Message 1 of 22 , Feb 1 9:09 PM
      --- Ralph Slate <slater@...> wrote:
      > On that note, do people actually LIKE the layout of
      > the
      > baseball-reference website? I've used it on
      > occasion, but I found it
      > maddening to use.

      What is so maddening about it? Speaking as both a
      programmer and end-user, it's fantastic.

      And I'm not alone:
      http://tinyurl.com/32gvvt

      HockeyDB is excellent too.

      http://www.InsideTheBook.com

      -----------------------------------

      http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/265
      Message 2 of 22 , Feb 1 9:27 PM
        Tangotiger w
        > What is so maddening about it? Speaking as both a
        > programmer and end-user, it's fantastic.
        I think it's the overabundance of abbreviations. I like the verbosity of
        showing that a player played for the Boston Bruins instead of BOS. I
        suppose that something has to give when there are 20+ items to report on
        a line. I also don't like the "throw everything onto one page" concept,
        I'd prefer to see data more categorized.

        I do like the "similar player" function though. That's really cool. Too
        bad the lack of hockey stats makes such automated comparisons virtually
        impossible to make.