2011-12 Update

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 23, 2012
      The 2011-12 update is now available. There are a couple of new files:

      - Paul Reeths contributed a Hall of Fame table, HOF.csv (the fields are described in the readme.txt file).

      - Also from Paul, a new version of the Coaches table. The change is that losses and overtime losses have been separated for the seasons from 1999-00 through 2003-04. For now, the old version of the table is included as Coaches.csv, and Paul's new version is Coaches_beta.csv. Unless there are any major objections or problems, look for Paul's version to become the standard one in the next release.

      There are some additional updates that I need to make to Master.csv, but I'm not sure when I'll have that done, and I wanted to get the 2011-12 data released. Hopefully I'll have an updated Master.csv sometime later this summer.

      Doug
    • scorpiojoe2000
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 15 9:37 AM
        Hi Doug,

        In processing the scoring.csv file from the hdb-2012-06-23 release, I have stumbled across some possible row uniqueness problems (I'm assuming a composite key of 'playerID','year','stint')...

        1. Bryan Allen: http://www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id=8467332

        allenbr01,2011,1,CAR,NHL,D,82,1,13,14,76,-1,0,0,0,1,1,,87,,,,,,,,,,,,
        allenbr01,2011,1,STL,NHL,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,1,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0

        2. Michael Stone: http://www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id=8474628

        stonemi01,2011,1,OTT,NHL,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,1,0,1,1,0,1,0,0,0,0,0,0
        stonemi01,2011,1,PHO,NHL,D,13,1,2,3,2,7,0,0,0,0,0,,13,2,0,0,0,0,-2,0,0,0,0,0,0

        In my downloaded version, I removed the 2 lines with a single playoff game. Just wanted to pass this along.

        Thanks for all the hard work and for keeping this data open (with attribution)!

        - Joe

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 18 7:13 PM
          What happened is that there were a couple of players who made their NHL debut in the playoffs, and I inadvertently assigned their stats to someone else. The following two lines should be added to Master.csv:

          allenja01,,,Jake,Allen,,,,74,190,,,,allenja01,2011,2011,,,G,1990,8,7,,,,,,,,,
          stonema01,,,Mark,Stone,,,,74,188,,,,stonema01,2011,2011,,,R,1992,5,13,,,,,,,,,

          The two lines you removed from Scoring.csv:

          allenbr01,2011,1,STL,NHL,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,1,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
          stonemi01,2011,1,OTT,NHL,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,1,0,1,1,0,1,0,0,0,0,0,0

          should be removed and replaced with:

          allenja01,2011,1,STL,NHL,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,1,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
          stonema01,2011,1,OTT,NHL,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,1,0,1,1,0,1,0,0,0,0,0,0

          Also, Goalies.csv should have the following line:

          allenbr01,2011,1,STL,NHL,,,,,,,,,,1,1,0,0,,0,0,0,0

          changed to:

          allenja01,2011,1,STL,NHL,,,,,,,,,,1,1,0,0,,0,0,0,0

          Thanks for finding and reporting this. I am uploading the revised files as fixes20120718.zip. Note also that this revised version of Master.csv now has Legends Of Hockey ID's filled in for players who were added in 2009-10 and 2010-11. I also included my updated version of HOF.csv (now including 2012 inductees).

          Doug