Re: [hockey-databank] Re: 2009-2010 Stats

  • Eric J. Wisti
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 2, 2010
      You could also try to contact someone in the front office. I checked with
      the Wild's radio/podcast host and he got me to a person in the Wild front
      office who had access to the team's copy of the official score sheets and
      she was able to scan them into a pdf and email it to me. Don't know if the
      age of the scores/quantity you are looking for will make it more
      difficult, but it's worth a try. And free.

      Eric

      On Wed, 2 Jun 2010, Rob wrote:

      > Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2010 13:25:58 -0000
      > From: Rob <rtchac@...>
      > To: hockey-databank@yahoogroups.com
      > Subject: [hockey-databank] Re: 2009-2010 Stats
      >
      > Have you checked out newspaperarchive.com? You have to pay for it unfortunately, but it has many lesser-known newspapers and includes images of pages. I've found 80's box scores in some of those papers. Tedious process, but since the dates of games are known, it should be doable.
      >
      > --- In hockey-databank@yahoogroups.com, mark wallace <remarks65@...> wrote:
      >>
      >> Do you have box scores for the NYI's from the 1980's and 1990's? I've been looking for them for a while now and have had no luck yet. I'd be thankful to you for any help you can give me!!!!
      >>
      >> Thanks,
      >> Mark
      >>

      >> ________________________________

    • Bruce McCurdy
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 15, 2010
        Mark, have you tried the Hockey Summary Project?

        Scroll to the bottom and follow your nose. Not every season is complete but many are.

        Bruce
        *****

        ________________________________
        <dreynolds@...>
        href="mailto:hockey-databank%40yahoogroups.com">hockey-databank@yahoogroups.com

        Sent: Mon, May 31, 2010 2:16:55 PM
        > Subject: [hockey-databank] Re:
        2009-2010 Stats

        href="mailto:hockey-databank%40yahoogroups.com">hockey-databank@yahoogroups.com, "rockymtnsabr" <rodericnelson@> wrote:

        > > What's
        the plan for releasing stats for this past season?

        > > Rod Nelson
        > >

        > ------------------------------------
        >
        > Yahoo! Groups
        Links

      • mark wallace
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 16, 2010
           Bruce,
          YES, I FOUND IT. YOU GUYS WERE GREAT AND VERY HELPFUL!!!! IF YOU HAVE ANY OTHER INFO THAT WOULD BE GREAT!!!!

                      THANKS!!!!
                                   Mark

          ________________________________
          <dreynolds@...>

          Sent: Mon, May 31, 2010 2:16:55 PM
          > Subject: [hockey-databank] Re:
          2009-2010 Stats

          > What I've tried to do the last couple of
          seasons is to shoot for a release right after the NHL awards are announced. The awards ceremony is scheduled for June 23rd.

          > I've mostly
          finished the regular season update. The main thing still outstanding is the shootout tables. Also, I'd like to add some additional biographical data (specifically, place of birth) for players who made their debut in 2009. And I haven't updated the hat trick database for 2009-10 yet, though I don't consider that to be part of the main database release.

          > Doug
          >
          > --- In hockey-databank@yahoogroups.com,
          "rockymtnsabr" <rodericnelson@> wrote:

          > > What's
          the plan for releasing stats for this past season?

          > > Rod Nelson
          > >

          > ------------------------------------
          >
          > Yahoo! Groups
          Links

        • george fiedler
          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 9, 2013
            On Tue, 6/15/10, Bruce McCurdy <bmccurdy@...> wrote:

            To: hockey-databank@yahoogroups.com

            Is there a data base for the box scores that are missing in the 88-89 season specific the players who scored in the reguelar season overtime thanks

            Mark,
            have you tried the Hockey
            Summary Project?

            http://hsp.flyershi
            story.com/

            ____________ _________ _________ __
            <dreynolds@.. .>
            yahoogroups. com

            Sent: Mon, May 31, 2010 2:16:55 PM
            > Subject: [hockey-databank] Re:
            2009-2010 Stats

            > What I've tried to do the last couple of
            seasons is to shoot for a release right after the NHL awards
            are announced. The
            awards ceremony is scheduled for June 23rd.

            > I've mostly
            finished the regular season update. The main thing still
            outstanding is the
            shootout tables. Also, I'd like to add some additional
            biographical data
            (specifically, place of birth) for players who made their
            debut in 2009. And I
            haven't updated the hat trick database for 2009-10 yet,
            though I don't consider
            that to be part of the main database release.

            > Doug
            >

            > --- In hockey-databank@
            yahoogroups. com,
            "rockymtnsabr" <rodericnelson@> wrote:

            > > What's
            the plan for releasing stats for this past season?

            > > Rod Nelson

            > Yahoo! Groups
            Links

          • forever1940
            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 12, 2013
              The always helpful hockey-ref can get you most of the way.

              http://hkref.com/tiny/KSwZK shows you all of the OT games in 1988-89.
              It doesn't have box scores from that season that immediately identify the GW goal but at least you now have a list of all of the games.