Re: 2009-2010 Stats

  • Rob
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 2, 2010
      Have you checked out newspaperarchive.com? You have to pay for it unfortunately, but it has many lesser-known newspapers and includes images of pages. I've found 80's box scores in some of those papers. Tedious process, but since the dates of games are known, it should be doable.

      --- In hockey-databank@yahoogroups.com, mark wallace <remarks65@...> wrote:

      > Do you have box scores for the NYI's from the 1980's and 1990's? I've been looking for them for a while now and have had no luck yet. I'd be thankful to you for any help you can give me!!!!
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Mark
      >

      > ________________________________

    • Eric J. Wisti
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 2, 2010
        You could also try to contact someone in the front office. I checked with
        the Wild's radio/podcast host and he got me to a person in the Wild front
        office who had access to the team's copy of the official score sheets and
        she was able to scan them into a pdf and email it to me. Don't know if the
        age of the scores/quantity you are looking for will make it more
        difficult, but it's worth a try. And free.

        Eric

        On Wed, 2 Jun 2010, Rob wrote:

        > Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2010 13:25:58 -0000
        > From: Rob <rtchac@...>
        > To: hockey-databank@yahoogroups.com
        > Subject: [hockey-databank] Re: 2009-2010 Stats
        >
        > Have you checked out newspaperarchive.com? You have to pay for it unfortunately, but it has many lesser-known newspapers and includes images of pages. I've found 80's box scores in some of those papers. Tedious process, but since the dates of games are known, it should be doable.
        >
        > --- In hockey-databank@yahoogroups.com, mark wallace <remarks65@...> wrote:
        >>
        >> Do you have box scores for the NYI's from the 1980's and 1990's? I've been looking for them for a while now and have had no luck yet. I'd be thankful to you for any help you can give me!!!!
        >>
        >> Thanks,
        >> Mark
        >>

        >> ________________________________

      • Bruce McCurdy
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 15, 2010
          Mark, have you tried the Hockey Summary Project?

          Scroll to the bottom and follow your nose. Not every season is complete but many are.

          Bruce
          *****

          ________________________________
          <dreynolds@...>
          href="mailto:hockey-databank%40yahoogroups.com">hockey-databank@yahoogroups.com

          Sent: Mon, May 31, 2010 2:16:55 PM

          href="mailto:hockey-databank%40yahoogroups.com">hockey-databank@yahoogroups.com, "rockymtnsabr" <rodericnelson@> wrote:

          > > What's
          the plan for releasing stats for this past season?

          > > Rod Nelson
          > >

          > ------------------------------------
          >
          > Yahoo! Groups
          Links

        • mark wallace
          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 16, 2010
             Bruce,
            YES, I FOUND IT. YOU GUYS WERE GREAT AND VERY HELPFUL!!!! IF YOU HAVE ANY OTHER INFO THAT WOULD BE GREAT!!!!

                        THANKS!!!!
                                     Mark

            ________________________________

            Sent: Mon, May 31, 2010 2:16:55 PM
            > Subject: [hockey-databank] Re:
            2009-2010 Stats

            > What I've tried to do the last couple of
            seasons is to shoot for a release right after the NHL awards are announced. The awards ceremony is scheduled for June 23rd.

            > I've mostly
            finished the regular season update. The main thing still outstanding is the shootout tables. Also, I'd like to add some additional biographical data (specifically, place of birth) for players who made their debut in 2009. And I haven't updated the hat trick database for 2009-10 yet, though I don't consider that to be part of the main database release.

            > Doug
            >
            > --- In hockey-databank@yahoogroups.com,
            "rockymtnsabr" <rodericnelson@> wrote:

            > > What's
            the plan for releasing stats for this past season?

            > > Rod Nelson
            > >

            > ------------------------------------
            >
            > Yahoo! Groups
            Links

          • george fiedler
            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 9 7:16 PM
              On Tue, 6/15/10, Bruce McCurdy <bmccurdy@...> wrote:

              To: hockey-databank@yahoogroups.com

              Is there a data base for the box scores that are missing in the 88-89 season specific the players who scored in the reguelar season overtime thanks

              Mark,
              have you tried the Hockey
              Summary Project?

              http://hsp.flyershi
              story.com/

              ____________ _________ _________ __
              <dreynolds@.. .>
              yahoogroups. com

              Sent: Mon, May 31, 2010 2:16:55 PM
              > Subject: [hockey-databank] Re:
              2009-2010 Stats

              > What I've tried to do the last couple of
              seasons is to shoot for a release right after the NHL awards
              are announced. The
              awards ceremony is scheduled for June 23rd.

              > I've mostly
              finished the regular season update. The main thing still
              outstanding is the
              shootout tables. Also, I'd like to add some additional
              biographical data
              (specifically, place of birth) for players who made their
              debut in 2009. And I
              haven't updated the hat trick database for 2009-10 yet,
              though I don't consider
              that to be part of the main database release.

              > Doug
              >

              > --- In hockey-databank@
              yahoogroups. com,
              "rockymtnsabr" <rodericnelson@> wrote:

              > > What's
              the plan for releasing stats for this past season?

              > > Rod Nelson

              > Yahoo! Groups
              Links

            • forever1940
              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 12 6:50 AM
                The always helpful hockey-ref can get you most of the way.

                http://hkref.com/tiny/KSwZK shows you all of the OT games in 1988-89.
                It doesn't have box scores from that season that immediately identify the GW goal but at least you now have a list of all of the games.