Re: [hockey-databank] Re: 2009-2010 Stats

  • george fiedler
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 1, 2010
      The Hockey News might have them in their old Issues, 80's for sure. I think the NHL went to overtime in 1984 does any one know where I can find the box scores for those years.

      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 2, 2010
        Have you checked out newspaperarchive.com? You have to pay for it unfortunately, but it has many lesser-known newspapers and includes images of pages. I've found 80's box scores in some of those papers. Tedious process, but since the dates of games are known, it should be doable.

        --- In hockey-databank@yahoogroups.com, mark wallace <remarks65@...> wrote:

        > Do you have box scores for the NYI's from the 1980's and 1990's? I've been looking for them for a while now and have had no luck yet. I'd be thankful to you for any help you can give me!!!!
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Mark
        >

        > ________________________________

      • Eric J. Wisti
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 2, 2010
          You could also try to contact someone in the front office. I checked with
          the Wild's radio/podcast host and he got me to a person in the Wild front
          office who had access to the team's copy of the official score sheets and
          she was able to scan them into a pdf and email it to me. Don't know if the
          age of the scores/quantity you are looking for will make it more
          difficult, but it's worth a try. And free.

          Eric

          On Wed, 2 Jun 2010, Rob wrote:

          > Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2010 13:25:58 -0000
          > From: Rob <rtchac@...>
          > To: hockey-databank@yahoogroups.com
          > Subject: [hockey-databank] Re: 2009-2010 Stats
          >
          > Have you checked out newspaperarchive.com? You have to pay for it unfortunately, but it has many lesser-known newspapers and includes images of pages. I've found 80's box scores in some of those papers. Tedious process, but since the dates of games are known, it should be doable.
          >
          > --- In hockey-databank@yahoogroups.com, mark wallace <remarks65@...> wrote:
          >>
          >> Do you have box scores for the NYI's from the 1980's and 1990's? I've been looking for them for a while now and have had no luck yet. I'd be thankful to you for any help you can give me!!!!
          >>
          >> Thanks,
          >> Mark
          >>

          >> ________________________________

        • Bruce McCurdy
          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 15, 2010
            Mark, have you tried the Hockey Summary Project?

            Scroll to the bottom and follow your nose. Not every season is complete but many are.

            Bruce
            *****

            ________________________________
            <dreynolds@...>
            href="mailto:hockey-databank%40yahoogroups.com">hockey-databank@yahoogroups.com

            Sent: Mon, May 31, 2010 2:16:55 PM
            > Subject: [hockey-databank] Re:
            2009-2010 Stats

            href="mailto:hockey-databank%40yahoogroups.com">hockey-databank@yahoogroups.com, "rockymtnsabr" <rodericnelson@> wrote:

            > > What's
            the plan for releasing stats for this past season?

            > > Rod Nelson
            > >

            > ------------------------------------
            >
            > Yahoo! Groups
            Links

          • mark wallace
            Message 5 of 11 , Jun 16, 2010
               Bruce,
              YES, I FOUND IT. YOU GUYS WERE GREAT AND VERY HELPFUL!!!! IF YOU HAVE ANY OTHER INFO THAT WOULD BE GREAT!!!!

                          THANKS!!!!
                                       Mark

              ________________________________

              Sent: Mon, May 31, 2010 2:16:55 PM
              > Subject: [hockey-databank] Re:
              2009-2010 Stats

              > What I've tried to do the last couple of
              seasons is to shoot for a release right after the NHL awards are announced. The awards ceremony is scheduled for June 23rd.

              > I've mostly
              finished the regular season update. The main thing still outstanding is the shootout tables. Also, I'd like to add some additional biographical data (specifically, place of birth) for players who made their debut in 2009. And I haven't updated the hat trick database for 2009-10 yet, though I don't consider that to be part of the main database release.

              > Doug
              >
              > --- In hockey-databank@yahoogroups.com,
              "rockymtnsabr" <rodericnelson@> wrote:

              > > What's
              the plan for releasing stats for this past season?

              > > Rod Nelson
              > >

              > ------------------------------------
              >
              > Yahoo! Groups
              Links

            • george fiedler
              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 9, 2013
                On Tue, 6/15/10, Bruce McCurdy <bmccurdy@...> wrote:

                To: hockey-databank@yahoogroups.com

                Is there a data base for the box scores that are missing in the 88-89 season specific the players who scored in the reguelar season overtime thanks

                Mark,
                have you tried the Hockey
                Summary Project?

                http://hsp.flyershi
                story.com/

                ____________ _________ _________ __
                <dreynolds@.. .>
                yahoogroups. com

                Sent: Mon, May 31, 2010 2:16:55 PM
                > Subject: [hockey-databank] Re:
                2009-2010 Stats

                > What I've tried to do the last couple of
                seasons is to shoot for a release right after the NHL awards
                are announced. The
                awards ceremony is scheduled for June 23rd.

                > I've mostly
                finished the regular season update. The main thing still
                outstanding is the
                shootout tables. Also, I'd like to add some additional
                biographical data
                (specifically, place of birth) for players who made their
                debut in 2009. And I
                haven't updated the hat trick database for 2009-10 yet,
                though I don't consider
                that to be part of the main database release.

                > Doug
                >

                > --- In hockey-databank@
                yahoogroups. com,
                "rockymtnsabr" <rodericnelson@> wrote:

                > > What's
                the plan for releasing stats for this past season?

                > > Rod Nelson

                > Yahoo! Groups
                Links

              • forever1940
                Message 7 of 11 , Jul 12, 2013
                  The always helpful hockey-ref can get you most of the way.

                  http://hkref.com/tiny/KSwZK shows you all of the OT games in 1988-89.
                  It doesn't have box scores from that season that immediately identify the GW goal but at least you now have a list of all of the games.