Re: 2009-2010 Stats

    Message 1 of 11 , May 31, 2010

      --- In hockey-databank@yahoogroups.com, mark wallace <remarks65@...> wrote:

      > Do you have box scores for the NYI's from the 1980's and 1990's? I've been looking for them for a while now and have had no luck yet. I'd be thankful to you for any help you can give me!!!!
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Mark
      >

      > ________________________________

    • george fiedler
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 1 7:38 AM
        The Hockey News might have them in their old Issues, 80's for sure. I think the NHL went to overtime in 1984 does any one know where I can find the box scores for those years.

         Do you have box scores for the NYI's from the 1980's and 1990's? I've been looking for them for a while now and have had no luck yet. I'd be thankful to you for any help you can give me!!!!

                        Thanks,
                                Mark

        What I've tried to do the last couple of seasons is to shoot for a release right after the NHL awards are announced.  The awards ceremony is scheduled for June 23rd.

        I've mostly finished the regular season update.  The main thing still outstanding is the shootout tables.  Also, I'd like to add some additional biographical data (specifically, place of birth) for players who made their debut in 2009.  And I haven't updated the hat trick database for 2009-10 yet, though I don't consider that to be part of the main database release.

        Doug

        --- In hockey-databank@ yahoogroups. com, "rockymtnsabr" <rodericnelson@ ...> wrote:

        > What's the plan for releasing stats for this past season?
        >

        > Rod Nelson

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/hockey- databank/ join
            (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
            hockey-databank- digest@yahoogrou ps.com
            hockey-databank- fullfeatured@ yahoogroups. com

            http://docs. yahoo.com/ info/terms/

      • Rob
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 2 6:25 AM
          Have you checked out newspaperarchive.com? You have to pay for it unfortunately, but it has many lesser-known newspapers and includes images of pages. I've found 80's box scores in some of those papers. Tedious process, but since the dates of games are known, it should be doable.

          --- In hockey-databank@yahoogroups.com, mark wallace <remarks65@...> wrote:

          > Do you have box scores for the NYI's from the 1980's and 1990's? I've been looking for them for a while now and have had no luck yet. I'd be thankful to you for any help you can give me!!!!
          >
          > Thanks,
          > Mark
          >

          > ________________________________

        • Eric J. Wisti
          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 2 11:14 AM
            You could also try to contact someone in the front office. I checked with
            the Wild's radio/podcast host and he got me to a person in the Wild front
            office who had access to the team's copy of the official score sheets and
            she was able to scan them into a pdf and email it to me. Don't know if the
            age of the scores/quantity you are looking for will make it more
            difficult, but it's worth a try. And free.

            Eric

            On Wed, 2 Jun 2010, Rob wrote:

            > Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2010 13:25:58 -0000
            > From: Rob <rtchac@...>
            > To: hockey-databank@yahoogroups.com
            > Subject: [hockey-databank] Re: 2009-2010 Stats
            >
            > Have you checked out newspaperarchive.com? You have to pay for it unfortunately, but it has many lesser-known newspapers and includes images of pages. I've found 80's box scores in some of those papers. Tedious process, but since the dates of games are known, it should be doable.
            >
            > --- In hockey-databank@yahoogroups.com, mark wallace <remarks65@...> wrote:
            >>
            >> Do you have box scores for the NYI's from the 1980's and 1990's? I've been looking for them for a while now and have had no luck yet. I'd be thankful to you for any help you can give me!!!!
            >>
            >> Thanks,
            >> Mark
            >>

            >> ________________________________

          • Bruce McCurdy
            Message 5 of 11 , Jun 15 9:08 PM
              Mark, have you tried the Hockey Summary Project?

              Scroll to the bottom and follow your nose. Not every season is complete but many are.

              Bruce
              *****

              ________________________________
              <dreynolds@...>
              href="mailto:hockey-databank%40yahoogroups.com">hockey-databank@yahoogroups.com

              Sent: Mon, May 31, 2010 2:16:55 PM

              href="mailto:hockey-databank%40yahoogroups.com">hockey-databank@yahoogroups.com, "rockymtnsabr" <rodericnelson@> wrote:

              > > What's
              the plan for releasing stats for this past season?

              > > Rod Nelson
              > >

              > ------------------------------------
              >
              > Yahoo! Groups
              Links

            • mark wallace
              Message 6 of 11 , Jun 16 3:01 PM
                 Bruce,
                YES, I FOUND IT. YOU GUYS WERE GREAT AND VERY HELPFUL!!!! IF YOU HAVE ANY OTHER INFO THAT WOULD BE GREAT!!!!

                            THANKS!!!!
                                         Mark

                ________________________________

                Sent: Mon, May 31, 2010 2:16:55 PM
                > Subject: [hockey-databank] Re:
                2009-2010 Stats

                > What I've tried to do the last couple of
                seasons is to shoot for a release right after the NHL awards are announced. The awards ceremony is scheduled for June 23rd.

                > I've mostly
                finished the regular season update. The main thing still outstanding is the shootout tables. Also, I'd like to add some additional biographical data (specifically, place of birth) for players who made their debut in 2009. And I haven't updated the hat trick database for 2009-10 yet, though I don't consider that to be part of the main database release.

                > Doug
                >
                > --- In hockey-databank@yahoogroups.com,
                "rockymtnsabr" <rodericnelson@> wrote:

                > > What's
                the plan for releasing stats for this past season?

                > > Rod Nelson
                > >

                > ------------------------------------
                >
                > Yahoo! Groups
                Links

              • george fiedler
                Message 7 of 11 , Jul 9, 2013
                  On Tue, 6/15/10, Bruce McCurdy <bmccurdy@...> wrote:

                  To: hockey-databank@yahoogroups.com

                  Is there a data base for the box scores that are missing in the 88-89 season specific the players who scored in the reguelar season overtime thanks

                  Mark,
                  have you tried the Hockey
                  Summary Project?

                  http://hsp.flyershi
                  story.com/

                  ____________ _________ _________ __
                  <dreynolds@.. .>
                  yahoogroups. com

                  Sent: Mon, May 31, 2010 2:16:55 PM
                  > Subject: [hockey-databank] Re:
                  2009-2010 Stats

                  > What I've tried to do the last couple of
                  seasons is to shoot for a release right after the NHL awards
                  are announced. The
                  awards ceremony is scheduled for June 23rd.

                  > I've mostly
                  finished the regular season update. The main thing still
                  outstanding is the
                  shootout tables. Also, I'd like to add some additional
                  biographical data
                  (specifically, place of birth) for players who made their
                  debut in 2009. And I
                  haven't updated the hat trick database for 2009-10 yet,
                  though I don't consider
                  that to be part of the main database release.

                  > Doug
                  >

                  > --- In hockey-databank@
                  yahoogroups. com,
                  "rockymtnsabr" <rodericnelson@> wrote:

                  > > What's
                  the plan for releasing stats for this past season?

                  > > Rod Nelson

                  > Yahoo! Groups
                  Links

                • forever1940
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jul 12, 2013
                    The always helpful hockey-ref can get you most of the way.

                    http://hkref.com/tiny/KSwZK shows you all of the OT games in 1988-89.
                    It doesn't have box scores from that season that immediately identify the GW goal but at least you now have a list of all of the games.