Re: 2009-2010 Stats

    Message 1 of 11 , May 31, 2010
      What I've tried to do the last couple of seasons is to shoot for a release right after the NHL awards are announced. The awards ceremony is scheduled for June 23rd.

      I've mostly finished the regular season update. The main thing still outstanding is the shootout tables. Also, I'd like to add some additional biographical data (specifically, place of birth) for players who made their debut in 2009. And I haven't updated the hat trick database for 2009-10 yet, though I don't consider that to be part of the main database release.

      Doug

      --- In hockey-databank@yahoogroups.com, "rockymtnsabr" <rodericnelson@...> wrote:

      > What's the plan for releasing stats for this past season?
      >

      > Rod Nelson

    • mark wallace
      Message 2 of 11 , May 31, 2010
         Do you have box scores for the NYI's from the 1980's and 1990's? I've been looking for them for a while now and have had no luck yet. I'd be thankful to you for any help you can give me!!!!

                        Thanks,
                                Mark

        What I've tried to do the last couple of seasons is to shoot for a release right after the NHL awards are announced.  The awards ceremony is scheduled for June 23rd.

        I've mostly finished the regular season update.  The main thing still outstanding is the shootout tables.  Also, I'd like to add some additional biographical data (specifically, place of birth) for players who made their debut in 2009.  And I haven't updated the hat trick database for 2009-10 yet, though I don't consider that to be part of the main database release.

        Doug

        --- In hockey-databank@yahoogroups.com, "rockymtnsabr" <rodericnelson@...> wrote:

        > What's the plan for releasing stats for this past season?
        >

        > Rod Nelson

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
            hockey-databank-digest@yahoogroups.com
            hockey-databank-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        Message 3 of 11 , May 31, 2010

          --- In hockey-databank@yahoogroups.com, mark wallace <remarks65@...> wrote:

          > Do you have box scores for the NYI's from the 1980's and 1990's? I've been looking for them for a while now and have had no luck yet. I'd be thankful to you for any help you can give me!!!!
          >
          > Thanks,
          > Mark
          >

          > ________________________________

        • george fiedler
          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 1, 2010
            The Hockey News might have them in their old Issues, 80's for sure. I think the NHL went to overtime in 1984 does any one know where I can find the box scores for those years.

                http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/hockey- databank/ join
                (Yahoo! ID required)

            <*> To change settings via email:
                hockey-databank- digest@yahoogrou ps.com
                hockey-databank- fullfeatured@ yahoogroups. com

                http://docs. yahoo.com/ info/terms/

          • Rob
            Message 5 of 11 , Jun 2, 2010
              Have you checked out newspaperarchive.com? You have to pay for it unfortunately, but it has many lesser-known newspapers and includes images of pages. I've found 80's box scores in some of those papers. Tedious process, but since the dates of games are known, it should be doable.

              --- In hockey-databank@yahoogroups.com, mark wallace <remarks65@...> wrote:

              > Do you have box scores for the NYI's from the 1980's and 1990's? I've been looking for them for a while now and have had no luck yet. I'd be thankful to you for any help you can give me!!!!
              >
              > Thanks,
              > Mark
              >

              > ________________________________

            • Eric J. Wisti
              Message 6 of 11 , Jun 2, 2010
                You could also try to contact someone in the front office. I checked with
                the Wild's radio/podcast host and he got me to a person in the Wild front
                office who had access to the team's copy of the official score sheets and
                she was able to scan them into a pdf and email it to me. Don't know if the
                age of the scores/quantity you are looking for will make it more
                difficult, but it's worth a try. And free.

                Eric

                On Wed, 2 Jun 2010, Rob wrote:

                > Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2010 13:25:58 -0000
                > From: Rob <rtchac@...>
                > To: hockey-databank@yahoogroups.com
                > Subject: [hockey-databank] Re: 2009-2010 Stats
                >
                > Have you checked out newspaperarchive.com? You have to pay for it unfortunately, but it has many lesser-known newspapers and includes images of pages. I've found 80's box scores in some of those papers. Tedious process, but since the dates of games are known, it should be doable.
                >
                > --- In hockey-databank@yahoogroups.com, mark wallace <remarks65@...> wrote:
                >>
                >> Do you have box scores for the NYI's from the 1980's and 1990's? I've been looking for them for a while now and have had no luck yet. I'd be thankful to you for any help you can give me!!!!
                >>
                >> Thanks,
                >> Mark
                >>

                >> ________________________________

              • Bruce McCurdy
                Message 7 of 11 , Jun 15, 2010
                  Mark, have you tried the Hockey Summary Project?

                  Scroll to the bottom and follow your nose. Not every season is complete but many are.

                  Bruce
                  *****

                  ________________________________
                  <dreynolds@...>
                  href="mailto:hockey-databank%40yahoogroups.com">hockey-databank@yahoogroups.com

                  Sent: Mon, May 31, 2010 2:16:55 PM

                  href="mailto:hockey-databank%40yahoogroups.com">hockey-databank@yahoogroups.com, "rockymtnsabr" <rodericnelson@> wrote:

                  > > What's
                  the plan for releasing stats for this past season?

                  > > Rod Nelson
                  > >

                  > ------------------------------------
                  >
                  > Yahoo! Groups
                  Links

                • mark wallace
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jun 16, 2010
                     Bruce,
                    YES, I FOUND IT. YOU GUYS WERE GREAT AND VERY HELPFUL!!!! IF YOU HAVE ANY OTHER INFO THAT WOULD BE GREAT!!!!

                                THANKS!!!!
                                             Mark

                    ________________________________

                    Sent: Mon, May 31, 2010 2:16:55 PM
                    > Subject: [hockey-databank] Re:
                    2009-2010 Stats

                    > What I've tried to do the last couple of
                    seasons is to shoot for a release right after the NHL awards are announced. The awards ceremony is scheduled for June 23rd.

                    > I've mostly
                    finished the regular season update. The main thing still outstanding is the shootout tables. Also, I'd like to add some additional biographical data (specifically, place of birth) for players who made their debut in 2009. And I haven't updated the hat trick database for 2009-10 yet, though I don't consider that to be part of the main database release.

                    > Doug
                    >
                    > --- In hockey-databank@yahoogroups.com,
                    "rockymtnsabr" <rodericnelson@> wrote:

                    > > What's
                    the plan for releasing stats for this past season?

                    > > Rod Nelson
                    > >

                    > ------------------------------------
                    >
                    > Yahoo! Groups
                    Links

                  • george fiedler
                    Message 9 of 11 , Jul 9, 2013
                      On Tue, 6/15/10, Bruce McCurdy <bmccurdy@...> wrote:

                      To: hockey-databank@yahoogroups.com

                      Is there a data base for the box scores that are missing in the 88-89 season specific the players who scored in the reguelar season overtime thanks

                      Mark,
                      have you tried the Hockey
                      Summary Project?

                      http://hsp.flyershi
                      story.com/

                      ____________ _________ _________ __
                      <dreynolds@.. .>
                      yahoogroups. com

                      Sent: Mon, May 31, 2010 2:16:55 PM
                      > Subject: [hockey-databank] Re:
                      2009-2010 Stats

                      > What I've tried to do the last couple of
                      seasons is to shoot for a release right after the NHL awards
                      are announced. The
                      awards ceremony is scheduled for June 23rd.

                      > I've mostly
                      finished the regular season update. The main thing still
                      outstanding is the
                      shootout tables. Also, I'd like to add some additional
                      biographical data
                      (specifically, place of birth) for players who made their
                      debut in 2009. And I
                      haven't updated the hat trick database for 2009-10 yet,
                      though I don't consider
                      that to be part of the main database release.

                      > Doug
                      >

                      > --- In hockey-databank@
                      yahoogroups. com,
                      "rockymtnsabr" <rodericnelson@> wrote:

                      > > What's
                      the plan for releasing stats for this past season?

                      > > Rod Nelson

                      > Yahoo! Groups
                      Links

                    • forever1940
                      Message 10 of 11 , Jul 12, 2013
                        The always helpful hockey-ref can get you most of the way.

                        http://hkref.com/tiny/KSwZK shows you all of the OT games in 1988-89.
                        It doesn't have box scores from that season that immediately identify the GW goal but at least you now have a list of all of the games.