2009-2010 Stats

  • rockymtnsabr
    Message 1 of 11 , May 30, 2010
      What's the plan for releasing stats for this past season?

      Rod Nelson
      Message 2 of 11 , May 31, 2010
        What I've tried to do the last couple of seasons is to shoot for a release right after the NHL awards are announced. The awards ceremony is scheduled for June 23rd.

        I've mostly finished the regular season update. The main thing still outstanding is the shootout tables. Also, I'd like to add some additional biographical data (specifically, place of birth) for players who made their debut in 2009. And I haven't updated the hat trick database for 2009-10 yet, though I don't consider that to be part of the main database release.

        Doug

        --- In hockey-databank@yahoogroups.com, "rockymtnsabr" <rodericnelson@...> wrote:

        > What's the plan for releasing stats for this past season?
        >

        > Rod Nelson

      • mark wallace
        Message 3 of 11 , May 31, 2010
           Do you have box scores for the NYI's from the 1980's and 1990's? I've been looking for them for a while now and have had no luck yet. I'd be thankful to you for any help you can give me!!!!

                          Thanks,
                                  Mark

          What I've tried to do the last couple of seasons is to shoot for a release right after the NHL awards are announced.  The awards ceremony is scheduled for June 23rd.

          I've mostly finished the regular season update.  The main thing still outstanding is the shootout tables.  Also, I'd like to add some additional biographical data (specifically, place of birth) for players who made their debut in 2009.  And I haven't updated the hat trick database for 2009-10 yet, though I don't consider that to be part of the main database release.

          Doug

          --- In hockey-databank@yahoogroups.com, "rockymtnsabr" <rodericnelson@...> wrote:

          > What's the plan for releasing stats for this past season?
          >

          > Rod Nelson

          <*> Your email settings:
              Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to:
              (Yahoo! ID required)

          <*> To change settings via email:
              hockey-databank-digest@yahoogroups.com
              hockey-databank-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          Message 4 of 11 , May 31, 2010

            --- In hockey-databank@yahoogroups.com, mark wallace <remarks65@...> wrote:

            > Do you have box scores for the NYI's from the 1980's and 1990's? I've been looking for them for a while now and have had no luck yet. I'd be thankful to you for any help you can give me!!!!
            >
            > Thanks,
            > Mark
            >

            > ________________________________

          • george fiedler
            Message 5 of 11 , Jun 1, 2010
              The Hockey News might have them in their old Issues, 80's for sure. I think the NHL went to overtime in 1984 does any one know where I can find the box scores for those years.

                  http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/hockey- databank/ join
                  (Yahoo! ID required)

              <*> To change settings via email:
                  hockey-databank- digest@yahoogrou ps.com
                  hockey-databank- fullfeatured@ yahoogroups. com

                  http://docs. yahoo.com/ info/terms/

            • Rob
              Message 6 of 11 , Jun 2, 2010
                Have you checked out newspaperarchive.com? You have to pay for it unfortunately, but it has many lesser-known newspapers and includes images of pages. I've found 80's box scores in some of those papers. Tedious process, but since the dates of games are known, it should be doable.

                --- In hockey-databank@yahoogroups.com, mark wallace <remarks65@...> wrote:

                > Do you have box scores for the NYI's from the 1980's and 1990's? I've been looking for them for a while now and have had no luck yet. I'd be thankful to you for any help you can give me!!!!
                >
                > Thanks,
                > Mark
                >

                > ________________________________

              • Eric J. Wisti
                Message 7 of 11 , Jun 2, 2010
                  You could also try to contact someone in the front office. I checked with
                  the Wild's radio/podcast host and he got me to a person in the Wild front
                  office who had access to the team's copy of the official score sheets and
                  she was able to scan them into a pdf and email it to me. Don't know if the
                  age of the scores/quantity you are looking for will make it more
                  difficult, but it's worth a try. And free.

                  Eric

                  On Wed, 2 Jun 2010, Rob wrote:

                  > Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2010 13:25:58 -0000
                  > From: Rob <rtchac@...>
                  > To: hockey-databank@yahoogroups.com
                  > Subject: [hockey-databank] Re: 2009-2010 Stats
                  >
                  > Have you checked out newspaperarchive.com? You have to pay for it unfortunately, but it has many lesser-known newspapers and includes images of pages. I've found 80's box scores in some of those papers. Tedious process, but since the dates of games are known, it should be doable.
                  >
                  > --- In hockey-databank@yahoogroups.com, mark wallace <remarks65@...> wrote:
                  >>
                  >> Do you have box scores for the NYI's from the 1980's and 1990's? I've been looking for them for a while now and have had no luck yet. I'd be thankful to you for any help you can give me!!!!
                  >>
                  >> Thanks,
                  >> Mark
                  >>

                  >> ________________________________

                • Bruce McCurdy
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jun 15, 2010
                    Mark, have you tried the Hockey Summary Project?

                    Scroll to the bottom and follow your nose. Not every season is complete but many are.

                    Bruce
                    *****

                    ________________________________
                    <dreynolds@...>
                    href="mailto:hockey-databank%40yahoogroups.com">hockey-databank@yahoogroups.com

                    Sent: Mon, May 31, 2010 2:16:55 PM
                    > Subject: [hockey-databank] Re:
                    2009-2010 Stats

                    href="mailto:hockey-databank%40yahoogroups.com">hockey-databank@yahoogroups.com, "rockymtnsabr" <rodericnelson@> wrote:

                    > > What's
                    the plan for releasing stats for this past season?

                    > > Rod Nelson
                    > >

                    > ------------------------------------
                    >
                    > Yahoo! Groups
                    Links

                  • mark wallace
                    Message 9 of 11 , Jun 16, 2010
                       Bruce,
                      YES, I FOUND IT. YOU GUYS WERE GREAT AND VERY HELPFUL!!!! IF YOU HAVE ANY OTHER INFO THAT WOULD BE GREAT!!!!

                                  THANKS!!!!
                                               Mark

                      ________________________________

                      Sent: Mon, May 31, 2010 2:16:55 PM
                      > Subject: [hockey-databank] Re:
                      2009-2010 Stats

                      > What I've tried to do the last couple of
                      seasons is to shoot for a release right after the NHL awards are announced. The awards ceremony is scheduled for June 23rd.

                      > I've mostly
                      finished the regular season update. The main thing still outstanding is the shootout tables. Also, I'd like to add some additional biographical data (specifically, place of birth) for players who made their debut in 2009. And I haven't updated the hat trick database for 2009-10 yet, though I don't consider that to be part of the main database release.

                      > Doug
                      >
                      > --- In hockey-databank@yahoogroups.com,
                      "rockymtnsabr" <rodericnelson@> wrote:

                      > > What's
                      the plan for releasing stats for this past season?

                      > > Rod Nelson
                      > >

                      > ------------------------------------
                      >
                      > Yahoo! Groups
                      Links

                    • george fiedler
                      Message 10 of 11 , Jul 9 7:16 PM
                        On Tue, 6/15/10, Bruce McCurdy <bmccurdy@...> wrote:

                        To: hockey-databank@yahoogroups.com

                        Is there a data base for the box scores that are missing in the 88-89 season specific the players who scored in the reguelar season overtime thanks

                        Mark,
                        have you tried the Hockey
                        Summary Project?

                        http://hsp.flyershi
                        story.com/

                        ____________ _________ _________ __
                        <dreynolds@.. .>
                        yahoogroups. com

                        Sent: Mon, May 31, 2010 2:16:55 PM
                        > Subject: [hockey-databank] Re:
                        2009-2010 Stats

                        > What I've tried to do the last couple of
                        seasons is to shoot for a release right after the NHL awards
                        are announced. The
                        awards ceremony is scheduled for June 23rd.

                        > I've mostly
                        finished the regular season update. The main thing still
                        outstanding is the
                        shootout tables. Also, I'd like to add some additional
                        biographical data
                        (specifically, place of birth) for players who made their
                        debut in 2009. And I
                        haven't updated the hat trick database for 2009-10 yet,
                        though I don't consider
                        that to be part of the main database release.

                        > Doug
                        >

                        > --- In hockey-databank@
                        yahoogroups. com,
                        "rockymtnsabr" <rodericnelson@> wrote:

                        > > What's
                        the plan for releasing stats for this past season?

                        > > Rod Nelson

                        > Yahoo! Groups
                        Links

                      • forever1940
                        Message 11 of 11 , Jul 12 6:50 AM
                          The always helpful hockey-ref can get you most of the way.

                          http://hkref.com/tiny/KSwZK shows you all of the OT games in 1988-89.
                          It doesn't have box scores from that season that immediately identify the GW goal but at least you now have a list of all of the games.