Re: NHL Teams Media Guides, NHL Guide and Record Book, Total Stanley Cup

  • forever1940
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 7, 2009
      Ad far as I know, it's only on the password-protected media.nhl.com site.

      --- In hockey-databank@yahoogroups.com, <slater@...> wrote:

      > Do you have a link on the NHL site for this information? Are they making
      > it available to the public for free? It would be OK to make the link
      > available.
      >
      > If not, and they're only sending this out on DVDs to selected parties,
      > then it would be a copyright violation to put it on a filesharing system
      > like bittorrent. The NHL still has the right to decide who gets a copy
      > of their guide and who doesn't.
      >
      > I've occasionally been sent free electronic copies of books. I've never
      > believed that I then had the right to send those along to others, or to
      > put them on my website for the world to take.
      >
      > Ralph

    • SIRE1499
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 4, 2009
        I think most teams are headed in that direction as the cost of producing those media guides in print continues to increase. I'm sure before long a lot of teams will have the digital only version available.

      • slater@alum.rpi.edu
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 4, 2009
          The SPHL makes their available online at their website:

          http://www.thesphl.com/view/thesphl/history-of-the-sphl/media-guide-1

          I'm not sure if they produce a printed version.

          I have also seen a lot of NCAA teams that publish their media guide on their sports site.

          Ralph