Re : [hockey-databank] NHL Teams Media Guides, NHL Guide and Record Book, Total Stanley Cup

  • LOUIS PHARAND
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 5, 2009
      Hi,How i can download the media guide and the guide of record book and total Stanley cup.Did i have to be a member.

      Thanks
      Louis

      De : pnepus <pnep@...>
      À : hockey-databank@yahoogroups.com
      Envoyé le : Mer 4 novembre 2009, 12 h 50 min 34 s
      Objet : [hockey-databank] NHL Teams Media Guides, NHL Guide and Record Book, Total Stanley Cup

      Hello

      I have (.pdf format) NHL Teams Media Guides 2009-10 (all NHL teams, ), NHL Guide and Record Book 2010, Total Stanley Cup.

      My torrent (too big for rapidshare):
      http://nhltorrents. co.uk/details. php?id=0e39c8575 7ce10ae9ecc98592 b0ca5e69fbe8874

      Offrez un compte Flickr Pro à vos amis et à votre famille. Allez-y!
    • slater@alum.rpi.edu
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 5, 2009
        Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's a violation of copyright law.

        Ralph

        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 6, 2009
          The NHL does distribute all of these electronically now -- available for any media member to grab.

          In fact, the Islanders are not producing any printed materials this year. It's just electronic.

          Not sure of the copyrgiht ramifications (if any) of that.

          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 6, 2009
            Do you have a link on the NHL site for this information? Are they making it available to the public for free? It would be OK to make the link available.

            If not, and they're only sending this out on DVDs to selected parties, then it would be a copyright violation to put it on a filesharing system like bittorrent. The NHL still has the right to decide who gets a copy of their guide and who doesn't.

            I've occasionally been sent free electronic copies of books. I've never believed that I then had the right to send those along to others, or to put them on my website for the world to take.

            Ralph

            >The NHL does distribute all of these electronically now -- available for any
            >media member to grab.
            >
            >In fact, the Islanders are not producing any printed materials this year. It's
            >just electronic.
            >
            >Not sure of the copyrgiht ramifications (if any) of that.
            >
            >--- In hockey-databank@yahoogroups.com, slater@... wrote:
            >>
            >> Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's a violation of copyright law.
            >>
            >> Ralph

          • forever1940
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 7, 2009
              Ad far as I know, it's only on the password-protected media.nhl.com site.

              --- In hockey-databank@yahoogroups.com, <slater@...> wrote:

              > Do you have a link on the NHL site for this information? Are they making
              > it available to the public for free? It would be OK to make the link
              > available.
              >
              > If not, and they're only sending this out on DVDs to selected parties,
              > then it would be a copyright violation to put it on a filesharing system
              > like bittorrent. The NHL still has the right to decide who gets a copy
              > of their guide and who doesn't.
              >
              > I've occasionally been sent free electronic copies of books. I've never
              > believed that I then had the right to send those along to others, or to
              > put them on my website for the world to take.
              >
              > Ralph

            • SIRE1499
              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 4, 2009
                I think most teams are headed in that direction as the cost of producing those media guides in print continues to increase. I'm sure before long a lot of teams will have the digital only version available.

                Message 7 of 8 , Dec 4, 2009
                  The SPHL makes their available online at their website:

                  http://www.thesphl.com/view/thesphl/history-of-the-sphl/media-guide-1

                  I'm not sure if they produce a printed version.

                  I have also seen a lot of NCAA teams that publish their media guide on their sports site.

                  Ralph