81Update - hockey-reference.com site (probably) coming

    Sep 26, 2007
      Nothing definite has been announced, but it sounds like Sean Forman and company are definitely moving forward on a hockey site (hockey-reference.com).  The following was part of the baseball-reference.com blog entry for September 21:

      Basketball, Football, Baseball, and Hockey (we are getting close on acquiring a great data set) will be launching, re-launching, or seeing significant changes/additions in the next six months.

      Needless to say, I'm interested to see what they come up with for a data set.  Also, the message at hockey-reference.com now says:

      Our apologies for not launching this site sooner, but we are talking to several groups about acquiring stats and will post more notes here, when we are closer to having something ready to launch.