61Re: [hockey-databank] Re: 1952-53 Boston Bruins shutouts

  • Gerald
    Mar 6, 2007
      The Marc 6, 1953 edition of the Toronto Star also credits Jim Henry with the shutout. I have a pdf copy of the article if it is needed.

      Gerald

      Stu McMurray <stumcmurray@...> wrote:
      dsreyn wrote:

      > The "NHL results" file from the Hockey Summary Project lists 8
      > shutouts for the Boston Bruins in the 1952-53 season:
      >
      > 021 10/25/52 BOS 4 at TOR 0
      > 036 11/06/52 DET 0 at BOS 2
      > 041 11/11/52 TOR 0 at BOS 4
      > 107 01/03/53 BOS 1 at MTL 0
      > 135 01/24/53 NYR 0 at BOS 9
      > 143 01/31/53 BOS 0 at MTL 0
      > 162 02/15/53 MTL 0 at BOS 1
      > 184 03/05/53 MTL 0 at BOS 5
      >
      > The 2006-07 Bruins media guide also list 8 shutouts in the 1952-53
      > game by game results. The Bruins used only one goalie (Jim Henry,
      > who played all 70 games and 4200 minutes) during the regular season,
      > so Henry's shutout total should match the team total. However, Henry
      > is credited (by Total Hockey and others) with 7 shutouts, not 8.
      >
      > Doug

      In the March 6, 1953 edition The Globe & Mail newspaper from Toronto
      reported, in part, "the Bruins assumed an early lead to give goalie Jim
      Henry his eighth shutout of the year."

      Looks like the NHL and TH owe him one.

      Nice find Doug.

      Stu