45Re: [hockey-databank] Re: Fantastic

    Feb 1, 2007
      Tangotiger w
      > What is so maddening about it? Speaking as both a
      > programmer and end-user, it's fantastic.
      I think it's the overabundance of abbreviations. I like the verbosity of
      showing that a player played for the Boston Bruins instead of BOS. I
      suppose that something has to give when there are 20+ items to report on
      a line. I also don't like the "throw everything onto one page" concept,
      I'd prefer to see data more categorized.

      I do like the "similar player" function though. That's really cool. Too
      bad the lack of hockey stats makes such automated comparisons virtually
      impossible to make.