412/1/07 database release
- Feb 1, 2007I have made a number of changes in this release. The main ones (other
than minor corrections) are as follows:
* Removed probable phantoms - Mike Neville, 1917; Bob Price, 1919;
Charles Fortier, 1923. After the recent discussion, I have decided to
leave Randy Andreachuk in.
* Master table:
- Dropped the "WHA flag" field in favor of two separate fields -
"firstWHA" and "lastWHA".
- "lastNHL" now uses a year consistent with the rest of the database
- e.g., 2005 for 2005-06.
- "Hal Colborne" is now listed as "Howie Colborne"; "Gordon Spencer"
is now listed as "Gordon Spence".
* Scoring table:
- Substantial revisions for 1917-18 through 1925-26 (and some others
through about 1940), mainly in line with Total Hockey II. Thanks to
Stu McMurray for corrected 1917-18 data, which includes game-winning
- Added a couple of missing entries - Gordon Spence, 1925-26, and
Vic Lynn, 1942-43.
- Fixed Ron Hextall's goal in the 1988-89 playoffs (now listed
correctly as a shorthanded goal).
- Numerous additions to the WHA statistics, drawing primarily from
* Teams table:
- The "rank" field for 1917-18 through 1920-21 now represents an
overall combined ranking for two halves of the season.
- Added an additional table - TeamsHalf, with separate results for
the first and second halves of the season for 1917-18 through 1920-21.
- Added WHA special teams statistics, PIM totals, and bench minors
- Filled in the playoff result field for 1977-78 and 1978-79 WHA
seasons (inadvertently omitted previously).
- Added WHA awards
- Separated the awards into three tables - AwardsPlayers,
AwardsCoaches, and AwardsMisc (the last has only the Lester Patrick
award, which doesn't really fit in either of the other two).
- Posthumous Lester Patrick award winners are now indicated.
- A bunch of fixes based on the notes in the introduction to the
coaching register in Total Hockey II. This primarily impacts early
NHL seasons (particularly Toronto).
- Dave Lewis and Barry Smith now have distinct "stint" entries while
they served as co-coaches in 1998-99.
* There are three new tables - ScoringSC, GoaliesSC, and TeamsSC.
These have Stanley Cup Finals data for 1917-18 through 1925-26, when
the Stanley Cup was not an NHL-only event. Playoff data for these
seasons in the other tables (Scoring, Goalies, Teams) no longer
includes the Stanley Cup Finals.
- Next post in topic >>