TO: Dale Smith

  • boyerw@earthlink.net
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 1, 2001
      Hi Dale
      I Brush on 13 layers of latex. Every 4th layer is backed up with 1"
      strips of cheeze cloth. after the first coat, I thicken the latez
      with ceco powder so the latex will not run down the sides of the
      model. Like Lyle said you can expand the mold about 40% with naptha.
      I get ny laytex from cementex in NY for $28:00 gl and it goes a long
      way
      Bill Boyer
    • Jack Fuselier
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 1, 2001
        How about a url or phone number on that cementex supplier Jack F

        boyerw@... wrote:

        > Hi Dale
        > I Brush on 13 layers of latex. Every 4th layer is backed up with 1"
        > strips of cheeze cloth. after the first coat, I thicken the latez
        > with ceco powder so the latex will not run down the sides of the
        > model. Like Lyle said you can expand the mold about 40% with naptha.
        > I get ny laytex from cementex in NY for $28:00 gl and it goes a long
        > way
        > Bill Boyer

        =================
        If wearing a handgun is not a good means
        of self defense, why do police wear them?
        <http://www.gunsmith.fuselier.com> East Texas
      • Dale Smith
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 1, 2001
          Thanks Bill,

          Add me to the URL/Phone # request.

          I guess the thing that attracts me is rubbing cyber elbows with the H'wood
          special effects crowd. If I had life to live over, and everything would be
          perfect, I can't imagine a job more suited to my likes and loves as special
          effects. I cast my vote for John He to take up that line of work. Just
          think, he would have a large budget and get paid to do everything he is
          dreaming about right now.

          wdsmith

          > How about a url or phone number on that cementex supplier Jack F
          >
          > boyerw@... wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi Dale
          > > I Brush on 13 layers of latex. Every 4th layer is backed up with 1"
          > > strips of cheeze cloth. after the first coat, I thicken the latez
          > > with ceco powder so the latex will not run down the sides of the
          > > model. Like Lyle said you can expand the mold about 40% with naptha.
          > > I get ny laytex from cementex in NY for $28:00 gl and it goes a long
          > > way
          > > Bill Boyer
          >
          > =================
          > If wearing a handgun is not a good means
          > of self defense, why do police wear them?
          > <http://www.gunsmith.fuselier.com> East Texas
        • Lyle
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 1, 2001
            Man,

            That's a good price for latex. I'm paying close to that for 1 qt. Do
            those guys ship?

            Lyle

            --- In hobbicast@y..., boyerw@e... wrote:
            > Hi Dale
            > I Brush on 13 layers of latex. Every 4th layer is backed up with 1"
            > strips of cheeze cloth. after the first coat, I thicken the latez
            > with ceco powder so the latex will not run down the sides of the
            > model. Like Lyle said you can expand the mold about 40% with naptha.
            > I get ny laytex from cementex in NY for $28:00 gl and it goes a
            long
            > way
            > Bill Boyer
          • johnhe
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 1, 2001
              Did someone say Latex? How much will I need to cast some pants? : ) I
              could copyright a pair of force oiled pants that lowers friction and drag
              for real fat dudes when they walk. That way they could forfill their dreams
              of never loosing any weight at all through pesky conventional trouser
              rubbage when going to their monster sized fridges for a snack. It sounds
              funny, but on the serious side, image the amount of effort it takes to move
              that surface area when it's a pair of corderiods. We have a lad in our
              chemistry set who's addicted to wearing plastic gloves. Every lesson we do
              an experiment his hand goes up. "Yes Phillip you can have some gloves." He
              even asked the technician where they were buying them from because he liked
              them that much. I saw another dying pigeon on the yard this Friday and knew
              precisely how it would meet it's end, in the chemistry preparation room. I
              blame the chemistry teachers for my pyromania and abuse of solvents as well.

              This reply is a bit strange Dale, because it's to Dale from Dale... are you
              feeling okay?

              I've been laying low, scoping out in the carpets of the sixth form centre.
              Until the head told me he'd call the police if I didn't move anyway. The
              furnace beast is ready but for the propane and one teenee bit, I can hear it
              at night pining to burn something. But oh no... urgh.... it's cylinder
              rental time already. Oh how the years fly. £100 for some metal cylinders...
              there's something funny going on there. Iron = £15 per tonne. I often look
              at things like huge mega high pressure fractional towers that people like
              BOC have and think 'Where on earth do they get the money to afford something
              like that?'. Then I realise, it's me.

              Damn,
              John H.

              http://members.nbci.com/HWilkinson/