Burners, burnout ovens

  • Mark Stuart
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2000
      There has been plenty of discussion on burners and burnout ovens
      recently. I received some burners from my brother-in-law. Click on
      my link HTTP://www.tsf.net/personal/mstuart/burner.jpg to see the burner
      assembly. I was told this came out of a pottery kiln. The
      dimensions of the kiln were approximately 6ft by 8ft by 6ft high. It
      was made all of fire brick. The burner assembly is naturally
      aspirated with a pilot light to each one. The length of each burner
      is approximately 17 inches long to where the pipe fittings start. If
      you look down the burner there is a smaller tube that is capped off
      with a hole that is a 1/4 inch diameter. If anyone has any use for
      these, let me know. We can work something out. I was only
      interested in keeping one of the burners for myself. There will be
      three available.

      I am seeking information on petrobond sand if anyone can answer my
      questions. Is all petrobond sand is the same? I received some new
      petrobond sand from Miffco (2-50lb pails). It looks like my other
      petrobond sand, but has an kind of offensive smell to me. It smells
      like rearend grease. I don't particularly like the smell of that.
      My other sand does not have that smell. Thanks for your input.

    • Chuk
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1, 2000
        Hey--I'm interested in your burners--they look cast?? Tell me
        more about the jets and such--are they set up for LPG or natural gas?

        Thanks--Chuk

        http://members.xoom.com/HWilkinson/index.htm
        >It includes member project pages & links

      • john
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 1, 2000
          how much do you want for a burner or two?