Help, I need to find welder manuals

  • GEGOFF@AOL.COM
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 2, 2001
      I inharited a arc welder from my father when he died a few years and
      I am just now going through all of the tools. I found that he had an
      arc welder that work when he had it, but no manules for it. Can any
      one tell me where to get manuels for the following welding
      equipment: "Wards Power Cart230 AC/DC ark welder, SN:W246261 and
      Wards Power-Kraft H/F arc Stabilizer, SN:AX044941"

      I know the basics of arc welding and I want to use this welder to
      make some parts for my foundry, but I don't want to kill my self by
      hooking up something wrong.
      Thanks,
      George
    • Dale Smith
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 2, 2001
        "Wards Power Cart230 AC/DC ark welder, SN:W246261 and
        Wards Power-Kraft H/F arc Stabilizer, SN:AX044941"

        > > I know the basics of arc welding and I want to use this welder to
        > > make some parts for my foundry, but I don't want to kill my self by
        > > hooking up something wrong.
        > > Thanks,
        > > George

        George, I'll be glad to help you kill yourself. What would you like to know?

        Sounds like the same one I have... actually made by Century and a fairly
        decent low duty cycle machine.

        You can reply off-list to mediasmith@... or join the coffee lounge
        where we can carry on and rant and rave all we want.

        wdsmith
      • Morris Booton
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 2, 2001
          Power Kraft is a Montgomery ward Name. I would try Montgomery Ward.
          MRB

          GEGOFF@... wrote:

          > I inharited a arc welder from my father when he died a few years and
          > I am just now going through all of the tools. I found that he had an
          > arc welder that work when he had it, but no manules for it. Can any
          > one tell me where to get manuels for the following welding
          > equipment: "Wards Power Cart230 AC/DC ark welder, SN:W246261 and
          > Wards Power-Kraft H/F arc Stabilizer, SN:AX044941"
          >
          > I know the basics of arc welding and I want to use this welder to
          > make some parts for my foundry, but I don't want to kill my self by
          > hooking up something wrong.
          > Thanks,
          > George

          > The Home Foundrymen's Association website may be found here: http://members.nbci.com/HWilkinson/
          > It includes member project pages & links

        • Ronald Thibault
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 10, 2001
            At 09:35 PM 11/2/01 -0800, you wrote:
            >Power Kraft is a Montgomery ward Name. I would try Montgomery Ward.
            >MRB

            Wards went out of business a while ago!

            Ron Thibault
            Warrenville, SC USA
            Builder Miinie #2
            Captain R/C Combat Ship USS Arizona
            http://pages.prodigy.net/thibaultr/
          • Richard W. Smith
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 10, 2001
              That's what happens when a company starts shargine 26% interest on their
              accounts!
              dick smith