Re: [hobbicast] Tilt furnace

  • Cameron McKeown
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 1, 2001
      Michael,
      Thanks for the info, believe it or not the guy who runs plough
      book sales lives in the suburb next to mine. He operates at many of the
      model engineering shows and steam rally's that I visit. As I said two
      things make it difficult to purchase American publications through dealers
      here in Australia. In this case with the current exchange rate, shipping
      and additional mark-up the cost can be up to 4 or 5 times more than the
      publishers list price. What that comes down to is, money spent on books can
      cost as much as the project itself. I guess that's the great thing about a
      group like this, info and advise is given freely, often from real and
      practical experience. In the mean time one of our members has kindly
      offered to send me a copy of this publication free of charge, although I did
      ask to make payment for his trouble and effort he still insisted on sending
      free of charge. Its heart warming to see generosity from people whom I've
      never meet but share a common interest with.

      Cheers

      Cameron

      Victoria, Australia

      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 1, 2001

        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 8, 2002
          Someone asked a while ago how is the crucible locked into a tilt furnace. Check out the photo section
          (Cameron's) you can see how it all hangs together. The crucible sits on a stand at it's base that is
          around 100mm (4") high. There are a number of bricks that extend out of the furnace
          wall down its length to support the body of the crucible similar to those around the top.

          Cheers
          Cameron

          http://home.iprimus.com.au/cmckeown/