Re: irritating adds was: [hobbicast] Casting Job

  • R. W. Smith
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 5, 2000
      Just give us a mailing address!

      Dick Smith
      dws@...

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "Howard" <owly@...>
      To: <hobbicast@egroups.com>
      Sent: Tuesday, September 05, 2000 7:54 AM
      Subject: irritating adds was: [hobbicast] Casting Job

      Sponsor -------------------------~-~>
      > Free @Backup service! Click here for your free trial of @Backup.
      > @Backup is the most convenient way to securely protect and access
      > your files online. Try it now and receive 300 MyPoints.
      still
      > functional and isn't garbaged up the adds at the top.
      >
      > I believe most members are still subscribed to the listbot list,
      and I
      > suggest that we migrate back there. To use that forum the address
      is
      > hobbicast@.... If you're not a member the subscription
      address is
      > hobbicast-subscribe@... I don't intend to to a mass transfer
      as I
      > did previously, but I would suggest that we gradually shift back
      over......
      > I won't be shutting this list down.
      >
      > On the Fly5K list I paid the $ 59.40 to get rid of the adds, and
      am
      > taking up a collection to defray the expense...... This is also an
      option
      > here..... I personally prefer the service at Egroups.
      >
      > Comments???? H.W.

    • Terry L Griner
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 8, 2000
        Howard,
        On another list based out of egroups I am on there was just a posting
        to the efect that one of the members had sent a check... six months ago,
        and the banners hadn't gone. if you haven't yet sent the money, DON'T. If
        you have, you might see about stoping payment. As far as I can tell they
        ( egroups) didn't do the fellow any good, just took his money.
        my $0.02USD
        Terry Griner
        P.S. I have deleted the e-mail from the fellow with the problem but the
        list is the 16mmngm railroaders. look in egroups archives. It should be
        there.
        Terry
        Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
        http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.
      • Howard
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 9, 2000
          Terry
          I paid by credit card..... On my other list they removed the adds
          within 24 hrs. If the charge is made agains my account and the service not
          delivered, I will make it very uncomfortable for them.

          H.W.