Job in Memphis

  • meltingbob
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 30, 2014
      After being dormant for way too long, I've had to re-sign up, and they won't let me use 'metalmuseum' again.

      Anyhow, my reason to reconnect is to help spread the word about a Foundry Operations Manager position open at the Metal Museum in Memphis.  I take a lot of pride in helping get this started as my 'backyard foundry' project and credit this group with helping me make it happen (back when it had about 100 members).

      It is still just a hobby for me, but it is also a passion.  I won't apply because it is a little late in my career - working towards a retirement.  But I'll work with whoever takes the position.  It is a challenging position in a small operation with a non-profit, but a great opportunity (and a fun one) for the right person.  Because of the Museum connection, the requirement says 'MFA preferred' (that's art school, folks).  Well, I'm from the 'industrial arts' (MS engineering), so the right experience is acceptable.

      I'm trying to help the Museum Director get the best candidates, and at the risk of being slammed with messages, please feel free to contact me about details not answered in the job posting found at the link below (don't ask me about salary, I don't know the range - but don't forget, it's a non-profit):  http://www.metalmuseum.org/Images/Foundry/Metal%20Museum%20-%20Foundry%20Operations%20Manager.pdf

    • Nelson Collar

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 1 7:59 PM

          Nelson, this isn't just a 'young man's' job, it's a job for the right person.  I live here and am very tempted myself, but as an 'older man', I'm working towards a retirement that this position would call into question.  If you have your questions answered, this could be a fun and important experience.